Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing down the Saalbach blackbird...

Poster: A snowHead
I hiked up the Amsel (German: blackbird) yesterday, part of the Bernkogel near Saalbach/Hinterglemm, and did wonder if it could be skied. "Not for me," I thought. But now I discover others have done it and thought some snowHeads might like
this clip Does any Saalbach expert recognise the chairlift they use? The Sunliner (15)? Then later over from the Bernkogel T-bars?.

I did meet the dog and the hens Laughing

Note: Changed thread title to place it better

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 14-08-11 11:31; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cracking vid -looks like they were sking under the reiterkogel ost chair then schlepping out past the bottom of that - which prob meeans they took the Sunliner up - you'd take the quickest route up on a day like that, I think!? I have a bit of a wierd fascination with the huge open cast mine you can see from up the top there (looking towards Feiberbrunn - does it look a mess in Summer??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The open cast mine (for magnesite) does make a bit of a scar on the landscape but, from a distance, I don't find it too bad. Indeed, I found another part of these old mines that I passed on the way up to the Spielberghaus, on the Bürglkopf, quite interesting with the grand sweep of grey rock that appears in the middle (can any geologist say what that is?).

But for more skiing interest, here too is a photo showing the progress on the 6-seater chairlift which is replacing the old 2-seater Reiterkogel Ost. Along with the new Bernkogel gondola that should be two bottlenecks less on the Saalbach-Hinterglemm ski circus.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great video of a delightful run.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nice vid Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A great video prefect for a Sunday afternoon, relaxing as it should be.
Maybe I'm getting old but when watching ski videos, it's the soundtrack/tune that makes me turn them off most of the time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
*Mental note made for next time I'm in Saalbach,* cheers!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great vid !

What video camera was used?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
espri, Thank you for posting this fabulous video and also the photos. My son, who was working in Saalbach all last season, told me about a nice run he'd discovered from the top of Reiterkogel Ost, off the beaten track, and ending up at the Sunliner. He never got to show it me, because conditions were too patchy by the time I got there in mid-March. I wonder if this was it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
excellent video cheers for posting
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great video and pictures Espri. I do a bit of Geology and Geotechnics for a living, but I couldn't even guess what the strata you are observing is composed of. It'll have to wait until January when I get out there. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oooo.. that really does look nice Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smashing video! Love the farm life! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nozawaonsen, Was that Blur's follow up release after Park Life? Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

It'll have to wait until January when I get out there

Hopefully it'll be covered by a couple of meters of snow! Smile
snow report
Tatman's Tours wrote:
My son, who was working in Saalbach all last season, told me about a nice run he'd discovered from the top of Reiterkogel Ost, off the beaten track, and ending up at the Sunliner. He never got to show it me, because conditions were too patchy by the time I got there in mid-March. I wonder if this was it?

I don't think that would be the same run. There is a steep face off the Reiterkogel Ost (I've never tried it myself), usually marked with avalanche warnings but skied quite a bit, which I think may be the area your son was meaning. The Amsel shown in the film is further east, past the Bernkogel double T-bars, a few hundred metres east of the top of the Berkogel itself. The Amsel peak is shown on the Mayr map of Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
latest report
Feast wrote:
I couldn't even guess what the strata you are observing is composed of. It'll have to wait until January when I get out there. Very Happy

Let's hope it's covered in snow then!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy