Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bavaria cable car rescue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/GQe2oPhJ7Po

Twenty people spent all last night in that, apparently.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 16-08-11 8:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One can't help but wonder about toileting arrangements...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They had a long drop.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's Germany. Use your imagination.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio, Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
why the funny white suits? (actually,-a serious question)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arctic Roll wrote:

Presumably to make it easier to distinguish rescuers from rescuees?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a police report of the incident (in German) here, for those that can read it. Rescuers were able to reach the stuck cabin down the cables using the foreseen rescue system (rather them than me!). Although toys are mentioned but not toilets, I assume they provided all necessary comforts for the night. The white suits may well have been part of the gear meant to keep people warm enough overnight or during the helicopter rescue.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yellow Pyranha wrote:
Arctic Roll wrote:

Presumably to make it easier to distinguish rescuers from rescuees?

Shades of 'inside man' spring to mind
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just shown this to my German colleague - who tells me that the cause of the incident was a tandem parascender gatting wrapped round the wires (being filmed for TV). He could not get hold of one of his steering toggles. He also tells me that this cable car had a man hole cover in the floor which was used for purposes questioned above!. What is the terminal velocityof a ????. Luckily all survived including the 2 parascenders.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arctic Roll wrote:

Perhaps it's because the rescuers, like Rob@rar, thought ...

Quote:
One can't help but wonder about toileting arrangements...

Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chocksaway, given that the gondola was only about 100M above the ground it is possible that the ???? would not have achieved terminal velocity.

I wondered if the people had been given the white suits to prevent their clothing and possibly valuables being scattered by the down draught from the helicopter and possibly (in the case of any ladies) providing more dignity than might be the case if they'd made their escape in a dress or skirt.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:
Just shown this to my German colleague - who tells me that the cause of the incident was a tandem parascender gatting wrapped round the wires (being filmed for TV). He could not get hold of one of his steering toggles. He also tells me that this cable car had a man hole cover in the floor which was used for purposes questioned above!. What is the terminal velocityof a ????. Luckily all survived including the 2 parascenders.

Were any unsuspecting marmots killed by 100mph bum-bombs?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
/ Useless info mode on

Baviere - is French for Bavaria

This is the Tegelbergbahn just outside Fussen in SE Bavaria next to Neuschwanstein Castle (The one in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)

Useless info mode off/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
An interview (in German, with some pictures) with passengers who were trapped in the cabin overnight can be read here. There it is confirmed that rescuers did reach the cabin down the cable during the night, bringing supplies to keep folk warm, etc. (and that the toilet was a hole in the floor).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy