Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer in Les Arcs & other places

Poster: A snowHead
The Alps really are stunning in the summer. Not sure why it's taken me this long to realise. It's our second summer holiday in Les Arcs and there's so much to do. Spent the last few days visiting Annecy, La Thuile, La Rosiere and out and about in Les Arcs. Some photos showing some of the sights

Lac du Annecy

Pistes from Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger

Flowers of some kind

La Thuile enjoying the Italian sunshine

32 flavours of hot chocolate. Got to love the Italians!

Parapenting in Les Arcs

Golf at Arc 1800. In the winter it's the nursery slopes

A bad cover of Pink Floyd's 'Wish you were here'. Nice sentiment, shame about the French rendition!

Lots more photos in my Facebook album which I think can be seen by anyone.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, just look at your FB album, great pics. I must confess I bought my place in Flachau having only visited it in the summer; the winter will be a whole new experience.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, if you love it in the summer imagine how much more you'll love it in the winter! Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had my first "taster", 4 days in L2A a week or so ago tagged onto a French beach holiday. We (my 15 year old daughter and me) tried out downhill mountain biking (very scary) and did a bit of walking. We enjoyed it and will certainly do it again, A few photos too.

Les Deux Alpes

Mountain Biking Les Deux Alpes
me recovering from the trauma of mountain biking

Les Deux Alpes
someone who could actually do it

Les Deux Alpes
my daughter on our hike down to Mont de Lans, going down wasn't too bad, coming back up was (unsurprisingly) a lot harder
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rob - are you still out? - we arrive next Saturday.

Amonst others, am meeting with new mayor of Bourg, and Head of the lift company - any particular issues you'd like raised? My owners want me to, ahem "talk about Nirvanalp" Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arctic Roll, I think we will miss each other again! We leave early hours of this Sunday.

No particular issues that I can think of other than a general idea of development plans over the next 5-10 years (for curiosity sake rather than anything else). The one thing I'm most interested in are the resort's plans (if any) for the Chantel chairlift serving the Chantel nursery slopes - is this planned for replacement, and if so by what.

I have a friend who has bought an apartment in EdenArc so will also be interested in whether leaseback property owners can take part in this scheme. Be grateful if you could keep me informed. If you get in to the detail of that scheme, although I appreciate it's not where you are coming from, it would be helpful to provide guests with an electronic Nirvanalp discount code so they could buy their lift passes online rather than taking a printed voucher to the pass office when they arrive in resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, beautiful pics. Can't believe how different La Thuile looks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes.. I've been to BSM in the summer for varying times for the last few years. There's something that draws you, in summer, to where you ski (?), but TBO you're better getting a real summer holiday... unless of course you're backside is so firmly glued to a painful seat..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, that's shame.
Yes Leasebackers can get into Nirvanalp, but the returns are frankly lousy - without having a shedload of guests buying their passes with your code, you don't stand a chance of racking up any serious bonus points. And the Hotelier (I presume PnV are going to manage EdenArc?) although confirming we are owners, is not inclined to hand out numbers to each and every guest they have ... so we are left with just our visits, and any friends we happen to have along. I won't be getting a free pass any time soon!

That's why we'd like to suggest some changes... and I think your idea of an e-code could also help the lease managers for example share out the bonus pool amongst all the lessors for example in a block or village.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arctic Roll, I've accumulated hardly any points, partly because I don't rent my place out every week of the season but mostly because relatively few of my guests use the form for discounted passes when they buy their passes. In two seasons of issuing the Nirvanalp form I think I've accumulated enough points for a 'free' two-day Paradiski pass. If the scheme is primarily designed to encourage private owners to rent their property I have to say that it's not that effect as far as I'm concerned.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, so I have the full "unofficial" version of Nirvanalps 2012, (they will release the 'official' version in October) and it looks like the guys have listened to all the owners feedback, and come up with a reasonable package - benefiting those who own and rent out as well as those who are in leaseback agreements. I'll pm you the details, but I think you'll be happy - I know I am..

Chantel is going to be upgraded next year , after they've done the 1600 stuff, and the beginners area around Edenarc will have a lot of other snow based facilities added - they described as being like a " leisure centre on snow".

This year the replacement for Mont Blanc, a 6 pack up to the top or Deux Tetes will open, and as expected, a new blue to join it to the Mont Blanc piste is being terra-formed. Also new beginner areas being made in 1600 - possibly as a result of new hotels being planned there.

Then they'll do Chantel, before coming back over to 'my' side of the mountain, and upgrade Pre St Esprit for 2014, and Combourciere for 2015.

Also a lot more activity in making the Mountain bike trails link up, and improving summer activities.

New hotel and block for 2000 and one final apartment block for next yeart ( not 2011./12 season) : then will work to make the top of the Cabriolet less watery (aka muddy!) at end of season.

New spa in 1950 will open this winter. Looking spectacular.

Speak soon,
Jim
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arctic Roll, sounds great - if you have any details of the Chantel lift upgrade/replacement or the "leisure centre on snow" (!) would love to hear them.

I saw the work on the new Mont Blanc lift - seemed to be in full swing when we were there a couple of weeks ago. I tried to walk up to Deux Tetes from my place to see what was going on, but the Belvedere piste was closed to the public from the top of the Cachette chair so couldn't see exactly what was going on. It's clear that there is a lot of earth moving going on, and you can see the new blue being carved in to the hill from the other side of the valley.

Didn't get to 1950 on this trip, but what I've heard of the new spa it sounds like it will be well worth the visit even if it means driving around from my side of the hill for the evening.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arctic Roll, not sure if you saw it, but I this is the new blue from Deux Tetes to the Mont Blanc piste:

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arctic Roll, Please can you pm me the 'unofficial' version too Smile

Interesting works Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arctic Roll, nice update.

I worked out of 1600 last year; the Mont Blanc blue is a beauty, and if there is now a faster, better lift and a longer run from the top, that will really be a great extra to have.

Also good to hear the beginner slopes in 1600 are in line for an upgrade, for someone taking their first days on skis it's really quite a poor (too steep) area to learn.
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:

....... Then they'll do Chantel, before coming back over to 'my' side of the mountain, and upgrade Pre St Esprit for 2014, and Combourciere for 2015....Jim

But there's nothing wrong with Combourciere..? If anything, the should just slow it down a tad, thereby keeping the numpties off Malgovert.
latest report
allanm, any slower and it will run backwards Laughing
snow conditions
allanm, The words I used to ADS (previously known as SMA) tonight were "please please, please don't EVER upgrade Combourciere..." Unfortunately... Still, we have 4 more years.

Dav, like you, we think Mont Blanc the best blue piste in resort... but probably because no-one is on it. It is going to be 'interesting' to see what happens to the place when more people discover the piste and forest - and if access is easy, there will be more inappropriate people trying tree skiing, and end up at the wrong jump at the wrong time. It's always a balancing act isn't it - do you let everyone know about a 'special' place?

genepi, will do.

rob@rar, nice piccys. Deep Natur will be running the 1950 Spa - I hear good things about them . If possible tho' will make skiing even MORE expensive... (They seem to be planning a "my first Spa" experience for the younger females, having managed to get permission for the under 16s to enter spa facilities. God help my bank manager...).

Also hear that there WILL be a French Ski Federation facility built in BsM (to replace the army moving out) and will be open to other countries who want to train, as well as new "train the trainer" courses / opportunities/ whatever for ski instructors: an elite school maybe?

But still no word from all interested parties on the opportunity for a World Cup Downhill run being created. ADS claim to have been pumping money in, but still everyone slightly shy of committing. Suggestion was it would be more likely to be from top of Cachettes than Deux Tetes if goes ahead, but needs ice on the course top to bottom. And a article in le Dauphine today also seemed to suggest further delays. But then again, c'est la Belle France, so we will just have to wait and see!
latest report
Arctic Roll, you're absolutely right, part of the beauty of Mont Blanc was that it was so quiet and secluded from the rest of the ski area. If Comborciere ever gets upgraded then that will put paid to that, and it will make it a proper loop of the entire ski area. But also, if a blue run (and everything else alongside it) is really that good, it's a shame to deny it from the masses just for selfish reasons!! Although like you say, it's sad to lose such a good run that isn't typically on the map of the casual observer.

I'll be based in Meribel next season but will still have a couple of mates working in Les Arcs, so I'm really looking forward to coming on over to visit the place and seeing how the new lift and extended top run sort themselves out.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
allanm, any slower and it will run backwards Laughing

Fine, TBO, I don't give a s* which way it runs as long as it takes at least an hour.
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
allanm, The words I used to ADS (previously known as SMA) tonight were "please please, please don't EVER upgrade Combourciere..." Unfortunately... Still, we have 4 more years.!

Cheers for that, that [4 yrs] is really good news.
Al'
snow conditions
Dav wrote:
... if a blue run (and everything else alongside it) is really that good, it's a shame to deny it from the masses just for selfish reasons!!
Indeed!

Malgovert is never going to be a very popular run because (a) it's unpisted and (b) it doesn't matter how quickly the Comborciere chair runs it's still a massive loop to get back around. I don't think I've ever skied Malgovert more than twice in any one day, and never by looping around it.
ski holidays
Rob, could you ping me the unoficial nirvanalps bumpf i ahve 5 places possibly a 6th coming onstream for the winter (can't get a pm to work)

have limited connectivity at the mo may be why pm wont play
ski holidays
cheztichot, it's Arctic Roll that's in the know, not me.
ski holidays
cheztichot, when you get your pm working send me your email. When I get home I've promised Genepi I will to scan the document rather than re-write it, so that'll be probably weekend of the 3rd Sept.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy