Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 - which Appt block to ask for

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Sorry to post this, but couldnt find hte answer on the internet. As previously posted, I am staying at Les Arcs 1950 for next yrs skiing, but since reading into it, noticed that the appartment blocks are quite spread out (ie, some you have to walk outside to get to the poool which is based in a differemt appt block. In one of the brichires there is a photo of the large indoor pool with what looks like a hatch where you swim out to an outside pool. Does anyone know which appt block this is in, as looks nice, and would like to be near there.
I know the appts arent that far apart, but the closer we can be to the nicer amenities, the better.

If you have stayed at 1950, could you recommend which appt block to ask for (Thomas Cook said we could put a request in to be based there). On the other side, are there any appyt blocks where we deff dont want to stay (ie, right next to a night club/bar etc) (read a Trip Advisor review where he was right next to a pub and hardly got any sleep)

thanks for any advice. (Im dping the snow dance well in advance to make sure 2012 is a good season)!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi again. Just found this on a trip advisor review, for anyone else who has booked 1950:

The village consist of 8 buildings, Prince Des Cimes (good location next to bakers, spar and ski school meeting point, also has indoor pool, outdoor pool and spa) - Hameau Du Glacier ( Also central position only has outdoor pool and jacuzzi) - Refudge Du Montagnard (No Pool) - Auberge Jerome (Outdoor Pool) - Sources De Marie (No Pool) - Chalet des Lys (No Pool) - Manoir Savoie (Most modern accommodation, beautiful views, indoor Jacuzzi, Sauna, Spa and Outdoor Pool). The Village has a selection of Shops including a Bakers (excellent breads/cakes etc, at good value), Spar (good selection of produce and food, but at expensive prices), Several Ski shops, 2 Toy/Souvenier Shops and several bars and restaurants.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prince des Cimes does have a great location. It is possible to ski right to the door of the ski lockers in normal snow conditions, Easter 2010 was an exception! It is also very close to the ski school meeting point.

The pool at Prince des Cimes is probably the one you describe as having the "hatch". You swim through a plastic curtain from the indoor to the outdoor section of the pool. A great novelty for my children.

I have been inside the public areas of the Manoir Savoie and it looks gorgeous.

The whole village is very compact, I don’t think it would really matter where you stopped.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Claire
thanks for the info. Ive requested the nicer Appts with TO so hopefully will be put in one of them
Cant wait now...only 5months and 3wks to go
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, not totally sure, but think it was the Auberge Jerome I stayed at (listed above). TBH was looking forward to the pool/spa part of the place, but only used it twice & second time was only for few minutes I think - reason being it was absolutely packed with people - most of whom were Russian and seemed to think it was ok to lunge into steamroom/sauna/whatever, if there was one spare inch of floorspace - not exactly a relaxing experience to say the least!!! Suppose I'd recommend reeling in expectations of that one and if its quiet when you are there, then that's a bonus. Really great apartments otherwise! Enjoy the hol.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ford, Manoir is definitely the most prestigious of the apartments blocks and its pool, outside, overlooks Mont Blanc (Mrs AR is in there as I type...) , Prince de Cimes has the pool which covers Prince, Refuge and Hameau blocks, as as above, can get well overcrowded.

The new Spa ( think Champneys) opens this Christmas, in Sources de Marie. - this too is of the same vintage as Manoir, and has some really nice apartments. These two are probably the ones to ask for if you are given the opportunity.

In terms of 'bad luck' - Village facing at the top end of Auberge Jerome may get disturbed y the O'Chaud nightclub: not the bar its-self, but all the smokers standing outside (an unfortunate by-product of the public space smoking rules), and the Haeau du Glacier facing the Luigis bar they tend to have slope mkusic from 4pm in the afternoon attracting the early apres crew, so sitting on the balcony can become a bit irritating.

We are in Refuge du Montagnard, and as quiet as it can possibly be - often we don't even hear the firework displays in the main street. And it means our external jacuzzi is often not at all busy. Us and Hameau are the oldest blocks, but even we are only 8 years old, so still modern.

The village is only ~ 500 me top to bottom, so you really are not too far from anything - all blocks are genuine ski in-out, the ski school meets in the main street outside Jardins de la Cascade / Jerome so if you don't want to ski down the 100m from Refuge and Hameau, or walk up from Source / Manoir...

Have a look at www.arc1950.com/en for a village map. But to be honest, it will be great wherever you are!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi trevor and AR.
sounds great - hope we get the newer places, but wont get my hopes up just incase. How often are the fireworks? I was presuming they were just N Y Eve etc - do they have them often Love the little touches that I have read about - horse carriages pulling skiers, oculdron with the fires in the streets etc
Think it will be our best resort to date
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jon Ford, Hi, we are just about to book our first holiday to Les Arcs 1950 so thanks for asking all the questions I wanted to! I can't wait either...countdown is on
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Jo. We cant wait. Will doon be here (only 2 weeks till october and Summer officially over, then its ski season!!) Cant wait for les arcs - about 10 times bigger than any other resort we have done before so nice to have extra off-slope activities (bobsleigh etc)
Have a great hol
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Jon,

Prince des Cimes is a popular one and great for families with children. It is one of the larger residences so has a larger pool with an indoor/outdoor bit which always goes down well. Hameau du Glacier and Manoir Savoie are also very popular. Manoir Savoie is one of the most contemporary in terms of the interior. Remember to check the notice board for the weekly activity program as they put on some really good events including parades, children’s activities and at least one day a week they bring the husky dogs into the square – really cute!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks KT will look out for those
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy