Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colletts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been or heard anything about Colletts in Italy?

I am looking for a resort with fun skiing for the adept, along with fun things to do for the skiing averse, someone suggested this place, but Google is not really telling me very much!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean Colletta? Not really a ski resort itself, but several accessible from it - e.g.

Limone
Prato Nevosa/Artesina
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is certinly possible that that is what i mean... perhaps I should seek clarification from the person who suggested it!

Any of you have to deal with non skiiers?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fragglerock, try Wengen (I know it's my favorite) plenty of fun skiing plus things to do for the non skier, e.g in resort you can ice skate or go for tobbogan runs or just go for winter walks, plus non skiers can use the trains and cablecars to meet up with the skiers at lunchtimes, if they want to go shopping or see the sites get them a Swiss Pass and they can hop on and off most of the trains, post coaches and lake steamers in Switzerland, trips to Bern to see the bears and go shopping or many other locations possible
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They were probably talking about Collett's Mountain Holidays easily found on a google search http://www.colletts.co.uk/ we have been with them in the winter and summer. The skiing in the dolomites is fantastic and has something over 1000km's of piste on one pass!!! you can opt in and out of Collett's organised activities which include skiing and snowshoeing. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fragglerock, another Swiss resort suggestion: Saas Fee. Pleasant village, easy access to Zermatt and other local towns.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maslerdanch, Please do not encourage more people to go skiing in the Dolomites.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The dolomites are great though! Can anyone who's been there reccommend anywhere similar. I've been to Tignes and Zermatt. Friends who went to Bulgaria this year haven't come back having enjoyed it.
PS I must congratulate Snowheads on their newsletter - most informative!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fragglerock, I'd second D G Orf's suggestion of Wengen. I used to have a non-skiing OH, and that was his favourite ski resort. I loved it too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
maslerdanch wrote:
The dolomites are great though! Can anyone who's been there reccommend anywhere similar. I've been to Tignes and Zermatt. Friends who went to Bulgaria this year haven't come back having enjoyed it.
PS I must congratulate Snowheads on their newsletter - most informative!

It depends just what similarities you are looking for when you say "similar". There really isn't anywhere else with quite the same type of rock in similar formations, so the scenery is always going to be somewhat different.

But if it is more the types and standard of runs available, then some of the larger Austrian resorts are quite similar, and so is the ambience.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wanting to keep costs down - do the resorts in Austria overcharge on the mountain - I suppose i'm looking for somewhere just as vast as the Dolomite superski area - I don't think we did the same run twice. The 3 Valleys is big but costly?
Cheers
Mas
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maslerdanch wrote:
wanting to keep costs down - do the resorts in Austria overcharge on the mountain - I suppose i'm looking for somewhere just as vast as the Dolomite superski area - I don't think we did the same run twice. The 3 Valleys is big but costly?
Cheers
Mas

No, Austrian resorts are generally similar prices to the Dolmites on the mountain.

A few weeks ago in the Ski Welt, I was paying €2.50-3.00 for a hot chocolate, €4-5 for a gulaschesuppe, €7.50 for a TirolerGrostl, for example.

And again, for size, the Ski Welt has about 280Km of linked runs. The Zillertal has 600Km, but split into four main areas and a few smaller ones, lniked by bus/train (free with lift pass). There are other reasonably large areas too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds great - will investigate!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i"ve been with colletts mountain holidays to arabba, i had a fantastic time, the ski guiding everyday has a choice of two itineries, the easy one and the fast one, the guides are also the chalet boys and girls so a good laugh is always guarenteed, colletts skiing holidays are very well recomended.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
compostcorner, 42 of us went with Colletts last year to Pedraces. I can also give them a big thumbs up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy