Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My first outing on a monoski...

Poster: A snowHead
...made it onto the DSUK blog!!!

You can read it here http://disabilitysnowsport.blogspot.com/2011/08/having-discovered-mono-skiing-whilst.html

DEFINITELY going again, as soon as possible!!! snowHead

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the black boat, Nice one snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hey chris,
im so glad you had a good day,
i did for sure.
I'm really looking forward to seeing you both somem time soon Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
the black boat, Great stuff. snowHead Thanks for posting.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Holly!!!

It was AWESOME!!! I loved it so much and am desperate to get back on the snow. We are going to go and stay with my Brother in Doncaster for a couple of days at the end of the month, and I'll be trying to get some lessons off Dave at either Manchester or Castleford (if he can still alk and gets round to emailing me back..!), but will definitely come back to see you at Tamworth as soon as we can. It really gave me such a boost because of what's happened to my surfing, skiing has given me something else to get my adrenaline hit from!!! You and the skiing inspired me to do something a bit different, and I'll send you a PM on FB to tell you more.

THANK YOU snowHead

Chris
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
the black boat, Brilliant and inspirational Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts. It was so easy to love skiing, I'm in it for life now!!!

snowHead

Chris
ski holidays
 Fletcher
Fletcher
Good to know that now UK also support disability. There will be more people now headed to the snow sports I GUESS !!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One more at least for sure snowHead

Chris
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the black boat, welcome to the addiction. Life will never be the same, in the best possible way! snowHead

If you don't already know about Andy Campbell, check him out - a real inspiration.

Last winter, he got a job as an ambassador for a US ski resort and then ended the season heli-skiing some hairy lines in Alaska. You can read about his various exploits on TGR where his username is SitSki13.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hadn't heard of him, no, but I certainly have now!!! That's the kind of skiing I want to do, out the back of beyond. That and half-pipes. I'm convinced that if the BMX guys can pull flair on a plywood half-pipe then I must be able to do it in a sitski. Guess only time will tell...

Chris
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the black boat,

O no! Didn't they tell you? Say hello to an empty wallet flapping in the breeze and May till October staring blank-eyed and panting at the wall with your tongue hanging out!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've already got the empty wallet, have had for years!!! I'm just hanging out for the new Snowdome to be built at Weston-Super-Mare so that I can at least go and stay nearby and save on travel costs, then I'll have to get real friendly with my Canadian relatives that have a 6 bedroom chalet in Panorama..!

Chris
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Chris,

Just wanted to let you know I saw your article on the DSUK blog - sounds like you had an amazing time!

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures on the blog!

Charlie snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Charlie, cheers! I'm off up to Castleford and Manchester at the end of the month, visiting family (honestly)!!! Just managed to book myself a few hours of lessons whilst I'm there and am looking forward to getting myself down the slope independently. Am also trying to raise money to buy my own ski and kit, and thanks to my old Regiment I'm already £300 up! Leaves a long way to go, but I've got some other things in the pipeline and so hope to have my own ski in the not too distant...

Will definitely offer some more pics etc to the blog after my next lessons!

Chris
snow report
hi chris,
you should have a wicked time at manchester, it will definately be easier to get up the hill and you wont have a corner to navigate!
i think you'll improve loads with a few more hours training.
as for kit, it might be that they have a different mono up north and it might even be a bit lower to the ground making the whole balancing thing a bit easier on the arms.
its great to hear that the finances are coming in for your own kit and i think you need to try as many different monos as possible to see what works for you before you invest.
i know dom form active therapy has been touring with some of the tessier kit so maybe you could get in touch and try that out too.
its really great to see how keen and ambitious you are to get it all going and im sure youll be ripping it up on a mountain soon enough.
your an inspiration Smile

holly.
ski holidays
Inspiration?!? Embarassed

Thanks Holly snowHead

Chris
ski holidays
well your proof that if you want to do something badly enough it can be done!
snow report
Haha, yeah, I guess so! Though my Occupational Therapist would argue it's pure pig-headed stubborness more than anything else, but she was very enthusiastic about the skiing after I told her how great it was. I can't wait to get out on a real mountain though, reckon maybe the 2012/13 season I'll try and go on one of DSUK's organised trips somewhere. Do DSUK do freestyle monoski coaching?!? If not then they've got 18 months or so to get it on the programme and then I want in!!!

Thanks again Holly, couldn'tve done it without you Very Happy

Chris
snow report
im sure we can put something together by then!
it was my pleasure and i really look forward to skiing with you again, if you do end up going on a dsuk trip i might even see you there!
latest report
Cool! It'd be great to get some more help off you both at Tamworth and outside somewhere. Have to wait and see when the finances will allow a trip like that though...

Chris
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy