Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Book: Hahnenkamm - The Chronicle of a Myth / Organisation: skiinghistory.org

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought I could mention a couple of things that might be of interest to snowHeads and may not have been reported here before.

First a book: 'Hahnenkamm - The Chronicle of a Myth'. This tells the story of the Kitzbühel Ski Club and the Hahnenkamm races. I found it excellent, with many great photos. The book was published in 2003, so it doesn't contain the latest results but there are details of all the races from 1931-2002. As well as listing the top placed racers each year, there is information about other aspects of the event, course details, etc. (and many things I never knew about, like the Hahnenkamm race taking place in Megève in 1971). The book is completed by general details of the development of skiing and winter sport around Kitz.

I haven't been able to find the book on Amazon; I bought it for €35 in the Stadtmuseum in Kitzbühel. The ISBN for the English version of the book is 3-577-1042-7. Sample pages from the book (from the German edition) can be seen here (at the bottom of the page, under Musterseite)

Trying to trace the book, I came across another review of it here, on page 40 of the December 2009 issue of 'Skiing Heritage'.

This brings me to my second recent discovery. 'Skiing Heritage' is the journal of the International Skiing History Association. I had never heard of this (US-based) organisation (despite sometimes thinking I'm reaching the historical stage myself Laughing). On the organisation's web site you can access more sample issues of the magazine. It seemed interesting enough to me that I have joined.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thankyou for sharing that...most interesting.

It seems if you click on the front cover picture of all the previous Skiing Heritage magazines, it enables you to read them all, page by page online. Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy