Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI 3 training/prep course where/who with?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the process of considering spending next season in the Alps getting some much needed training in preparation for my final BASI L3 (ISIA) modules (tech, teach and MS) but need some advice as to where to be based and who to give my money to.

I'm keen to stay away from the gappies and noisy seasonaire types (I'm in my 50s) so accommodation venue is particularly important as of course is the quality of training and support. I'm taking my car out there which means I can be out of resort. I don't need to work for a ski school out there as I already have completed my minimum 200hrs and will probably use the time off training in holiday weeks to return to Scotland, see my wife and friends and work on Cairngorm.

I've looked at NewGen(Courchevel, Meribel and Val D'isere), warren smith (Verbier) and Interski (Courmayeur). However can't seem to make my mind up. Any advice? Experiences? Recommendations?

Paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Three guys I did my Tech with last season had all done the NewGen option in Courchevel and spoke highly of it. ICE also have an option in Val d'Isere. I don't think I would do the Warren Smith or the Interski options.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not quite what you asked for but check out http://www.esacademy.eu/ (disclosure: I have worked for the school for a few seasons!) They are a great bunch and the training is top notch. it's non residential so you could sort your own place down the valley and the school employs plenty of old farts like me if you want a more mature social life! The "academy" is a formalisation of the in-house training that has seen plenty of our instructors go all the way to ISTD.

Only downside this year is the strengh of the CHF, especially if you're not intending to work.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oh, and the verbier based BASI tech/teach courses are going fast!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
do you need to do a full season type of course? I wasnt able to do a long stretch and did various training weeks that focused on my weak areas.. a week of bumps with R21, a general week with Snoworks, a GS week for piste performance, a weeks touring with Eagle Ski Club.. etc..

New Gen is good but i have heard that they have had ski bums on that course that aren't taking BASI exams, dont think interski would be a good option if you already have your hours, WSA uses L3's mainly... ICE would be good as Rob says

If you are serious and hard core http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/ with Sean Langmuir... mainly L4 training but they would push you...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ICE have a new Level 3 package out for 2012:

Quote:
This is a 14 week training course designed for those looking to gain their Level 3 ISIA qualification and improve their personal performance. It is a residential course comprising top quality training and 5 of the key modules required to achieve the overall qualification. For most skiing nations in the world, the ISIA is the highest level of qualification and holds an internationally recognised standard. People who intend to make a career in the ski industry will need to achieve this level as part of their medium-term career strategy

http://www.icesi.org/14_week_level_3_ski.asp
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit late to the party here but if you want to get your ISTD don't waste your time on isia training. Just get straight into the eurotest training as it will do more for your skiing.

If you are trying to get the isia and stop then ignore me please!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy