Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help choosing accomodation in Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
I'm organising a long weekend (Thurs-Sun) for myself and 5 friends. All male (well behaved) group.

We need some basic, clean, warm, inexpensive accomodation in Ischgl, for late January 2012.
Central is good.
Breakfast would be nice.
Apartments / hotel / B&B fine.
Twin bedded rooms.

Any suggestions anyone?

Waiting for something back from Ischgl tourist office but in the meantime....

Thanks everyone.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shockingmoment, You could have a problem finding somewhere for less than 7 days at the end of January, a couple of weeks earlier might be easier but maybe not as its a very popular resort. I've not stayed in January so am unsure of prices but Ischgl is not a cheap resort so they won't be really cheap. As long as you stay in the confines of the village you don't need to be central as its not that big and there are 3 lifts, one in the centre and two on the Eastern side. You could try here.

http://www.neder.at/

I stay there every year. Its a 3* B& B close to two of the lifts. I'd suggest you give them a call. Within the hotel there is at least one six bed apartment which you can book with or without breakfast. The owner is a guy called Rudi and he speaks reasonable English.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shockingmoment, if you can change dates look out for deals at the beginning of the season, or end i think, we got accom and lift pass for a few hundred euros. Not the cheapest resort and i prefer st anton, but there is some good skiing.

A classic long weekend in mid/late jan would be Kitzbuhel for the downhill. Although accommodation is difficult to find, there are a couple of hostels one is called Alpenrider in kirchberg. We went last year and are off again this year it is great.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. Flights are booked.
Tried neder - waiting for a reply. Looks pretty good.

May need to look further afield?
Out of town perhaps?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shockingmoment, hotel ida garni, great b&b five min walk from main road , five mion from main lift . also great local guiding etc. we did a 5 day break in march 2009 . was epic snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Neilski wrote:
shockingmoment, hotel ida garni, great b&b five min walk from main road , five mion from main lift . also great local guiding etc. we did a 5 day break in march 2009 . was epic snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Emailed - fully booked but thanks anyway.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good luck shockingmoment; I tried the same thing a couple of years ago ( long weekend in Jan for 4 of us) and got nowhere. We ended up in Saalbach which was much easier to get rooms in. Apres just as good as Ischgl but the skiing in Ischgl is better in my view. You might have more luck in Galtur, down the road from Ischgl.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try the b&bs in versahl.easy 10 min walk in morning/short bus to lifts and drunk taxi home
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shockingmoment, you may need to consider the various satelite resorts - I've never managed to get L/W accomodation which splits 2 weekly bookings like you want.

Other than that, I heartily recommend the Feringluck. Lovely central B&B with good quality rooms and lovely breakfast.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shockingmoment, when they say "fully booked" that is just their polite way of saying they are not interested in an enquiry for less than a week at this stage. They might be a week or two before, but not at this stage as they would be throwing away a potential booking for a week. I've stayed in Ischgl for long weekends in November to May and always found what I wanted, but only last minute (or in advance, but early or late season).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shockingmoment, if you're going primarily for the skiing then the other towns around Ischgl will be a good enough base and easier to get your rooms. Kappl for example, not too far (10 min bus ride) also has some local skiing for a change of scenery on one day. There are other (smaller) villages closer to Ischgl but they do not have local skiing.

As others have said you may find it tricky if you want Ischgl centre. But ... if you do end up elsewheer then don't give up on Ischgl - it's a fantastic place, would recommend a weekend break there first or 2nd weekend in the season (typically last weekend in Nov marks the season start) - much easier to find accommodation (never had a problem on 3 occasions) and conditions have always been nothing short of excellent.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great advice everyone - thanks. Really struggling in Ischgl centre for accom.

It is a boys weekend - skiing is top priority but apres comes a very close second!

Out of town sounds like a good idea. I should imagine accom is a bit cheaper too - this will compensate for the taxis!

Thanks for the suggestions.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shockingmoment, have you tried Hotel Solaria, really central and very good. Was part of a big team there a few years ago and I know they are lads-trip friendly. Great place, bit tired when we went but the price reflected that so all happy. Too handy for the apres, especially Hotel Elizabeth (very quiet about 4pm for a early evening peppermint tea.... not!) wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29, thanks. email request sent.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
try this place - http://www.gradiva.at - stayed there twice in Mid-December for the last two years, first time was on a stag in a group of 13. Very nice place on the outskirts but still only 5 minute walk to the lifts. Second time was just three of us, I organised the trip and the only pain was having to pay the deposit by international bank transfer which took ages to sort out with my bank and added £25 to the cost. Both times the rooms we were in had kitchens so we had a fridge for booze and breakfast/lunch stuff.
latest report
Solaria declined - earliest consideration is 2 weeks before....

Gradiva looks good. emailed....
ski holidays
Hey shockingmoment,
you can try the following site, where you can find all the accomodation opportunities in Ischgl:
http://www.ischgl.com/hotels-tirol-suche.de.htm
ski holidays
Shockingmoment, you must be part of the Black Horse Golf-ski group ! Surely there aren't 2 gangs from the Wirral looking for an identical ski break.

and what's this rollocks about being "well bahaved" ?????
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy