Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in a Squash court in West London?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought i'd post this for a slighlty different option to the freezers in Hemel/Milton Keynes etc that I noticed on my local golf course:

http://www.dukesmeadows.com/skiingatDM.cfm#skivid

Has anyone tried one of these elsewhere? skiing in a squash court...hmmmm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would but I only did part of a physics degree so I'm not qualified....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, Very Happy
stevos999, to understand that comment see this recent (and ongoing) thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77970#1827181
Ronald can tell you what it's like to use. Others discuss the physics (and more) to argue over whether it's really skiing.

FYI - I have used a (much) more basic version of this a few years ago and found it useful for fitness and basic technique.

Does the club have details up about costs yet? I couldn't find them on the site.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How do you get "Strhaaan" from Strachan?.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Skiplex, messes with the technique of even the best skiers"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zammo wrote:
"Skiplex, messes with the technique of even the best skiers"

Exactly - if they really want to make a go of it with Chemmy's endorsement they need to get some better footage of her looking more comfortable on it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.skidiscovery.nl/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, I thought that too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevos999, you can see some videos and accounts of skiing on a similar dutch one here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77970
(I'd stick with page 1 though unless you are keen on your physics...)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Basil, In much the same way as Milngavie is not pronounced as it is spelled.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
deerman, How did you pronounce Gordon Strachan (footy bloke) then?, and as for Milngavie Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Iv had a few goes at this now and I honestly think you shouldn't knock it till you have tried it. It takes a while to get used to but in 30 minutes I was skiing just like on snow. Ill be going back.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
benski11, I have tried the dutch one Very Happy I got more bruises from skis catching and it flipping me over than I've ever had skiing outside, and I was nowhere near skiing parallel after 30 mins. I may just be a bit inept though wink I stuck with snowploughing and it was good to concentrate on that and watch myself in the mirrors, so it does have some uses. It also has its fans, there's multiple of them in NL and seem to be successful businesses.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With these 'rolling road' type ideas surely they suffer badly because not enough centripetal/centrifugal (not getting into that debate!) force can be generated? Maybe this is fine for snowploughing and intermediates who never generate any pressure to properly bend their skis but ski racers pull from 1.4-3g in turns. A squash court may be wide enough for slalom though, who knows.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chemmy will be at Dukes Meadows Skiplex next week doing a Q&A session. On Tuesday 29th, not sure what time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy