Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar ski train now on sale for 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fair point. And I agree there’s nothing worse than badly managed out of control kids in inappropriate locations running riot with no regard for others. However you can’t tar all parents and/or kids with the same brush. Bluntly parents have a responsibility to set the boundaries for their kids appropriate to their surroundings. Some do, sadly some don’t.

But consideration works both ways - equally one can’t expect to be entitled to private peace and tranquillity with no noise in a public place or on public transport, and whether you like it or not, that includes children and babies who are naturally noisier than adults (apart from drunk ones). They do make noises, maybe sing and play I-spy, need something new to entertain them every 20 minutes, and they do move around and occasionally temporarily smell when they fill their nappies. If you want your own privacy and quite, then don’t use a public transport. (seperating aside the idiots who let heir kids run riot)

I guess it’s all down to balance. Kids throwing food and being unruly is unacceptable to most people. Equally a toddler learning to eat finger food is going to be messy and crumbs and bits will get dropped and is not generally considered to be unruly (so long as the parents do their best to clear up the mess). People expecting silence and groaning, tutting and rolling their eyes whenever a baby dares make a peep or cries in a public place is equally unacceptable to most normal people, whilst a baby wailing for 8 hours is understandably going to annoy most.

Fortunately most people (with kids or not) have sensible reasonable regard to others and strike a balance somewhere down the middle. Sadly of course, you will always get extremes.

Anyway I believe the Eurostar has a family area on the front and back carriages near baby changing facilities, to try and segregate.

I guess from my point of view I’m interested in the realities of the experience of taking a toddler on the train, so I’d be pleased to hear from anyone has done it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have to agree with you on all points. It is, as you say, public transport. As for your own private space that's partly possible through the joy of ipod/pad.
Hadn't heard about the family area on Eurostar. Not sure how you would book that online. Hopefully, you'll hear from somebody with recent toddler experience on the train. We obviously take too much with us on holiday by car - no way we could carry it all onto a train/plane.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy