Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know about long term rents in Innsbruck/Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Puzzled I'm a little stuck at the moment and I'm wondering if any of you would be able to help me?

I'm trying to find a long term accommodation rental (the whole of the ski season) in the Austrian Alps in the Innsbruck region. It would be for up to 4 people... maybe more, I'm not sure. It's for the company I work for who are doing the linen services for the ski tour operators so it needs to be pretty central to the main hangouts.

Anyone know of any agencies or places that would be good? With reasonable transport links?

Hope you can help me!!! Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 22-07-11 16:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brad1977, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I can't actually help, but I'd be amazed if someone weren't along fairly soon who can. You might want to put Austria on the end of your thread title - may focus the likely/best responders. Good luck.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chasseur wrote:
Brad1977, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I can't actually help, but I'd be amazed if someone weren't along fairly soon who can. You might want to put Austria on the end of your thread title - may focus the likely/best responders. Good luck.

Yeah, thats actually a very good point! You can tell I'm new to this.

Cheers very much Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not that I have a clue how to do that... Blush ..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brad1977, when you find out, you could put "Innsbruck area" - even better. I don't know how you do it either, I have to say - I wanted to edit one of my thread titles a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't self-evident. I'm not new at all, just a bit slow on the uptake. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brad1977, click on the scissors icon to edit your opening post then you can edit either the actual post or the thread title.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
Brad1977, click on the scissors icon to edit your opening post then you can edit either the actual post or the thread title.

Thanks! It'd taken me ages to work that out! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, 20781 posts and you are not new, are you sure? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Brad1977, when you find out, you could put "Innsbruck area" - even better. I don't know how you do it either, I have to say - I wanted to edit one of my thread titles a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't self-evident. I'm not new at all, just a bit slow on the uptake. wink

Haha! Yeah, I'm the same, I'm using being new as an excuse but it would probably be the same a few years down the line! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll post back later once I've spoken to my gf - she now has her own flat in Innsbruck, but used to rent. I think you might find most rentals are geared more towards year long contracts rather than seasonal though...

Just to clarify, do you want to be IN Innsbruck, or just central Tirol/close to a few resorts?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

pretty central to the main hangouts

Brad1977, most ski tour op business is focussed on Zillertal and Ski Welt and most have offices in or around Soll - so Innsbruck is probably too west, you might look at somewhere like Worgl. Guess it depends on the budget.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^^ Woergl's a fair way from Ischgl/The Arlberg/Fiss etc though...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999, yeah, but if he's doing the laundry for big tour ops he'll need to be in the east Tirol.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Loads of beds run by UK tour ops run in the west too in chalets and chalet hotels, hence Innsbruck being a more logical central location. Dunno who they're gonna be doing the linen for but Hotelplan alone will have arround 300 beds in the Arlberg this coming winter across the chalets and chalet hotels...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller wrote:
clarky999, yeah, but if he's doing the laundry for big tour ops he'll need to be in the east Tirol.

Not that I know much about TO's, but surely they have a (sizeable?) presence in those (pretty major) resorts in the West?
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Not that I know much about TO's, but surely they have a (sizeable?) presence in those (pretty major) resorts in the West?

From what I can remeber when I worked for them, Crystal had about 100 beds in chalets in St Anton, and then across the other resorts (Soll, Ellmau, Kitz, Zell am See, Kaprun) the combined chalet bed numbers were about the same, maybe only slightly higher. That was a couple of seasons ago now tho so numbers will no doubt have changed.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the info guys; yeah there are a few places to the west as well that's why I choose Innsbruck initially as it works out the most central to the places we'll be working with but I know it tends to cost more in the larger towns...

It's trying to find that balance really, easy transport for the business and also close to some slopes for the staff without being major league expensive...

Thanks for all of the advice though! snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 25-07-11 8:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
I'll post back later once I've spoken to my gf - she now has her own flat in Innsbruck, but used to rent. I think you might find most rentals are geared more towards year long contracts rather than seasonal though...

Just to clarify, do you want to be IN Innsbruck, or just central Tirol/close to a few resorts?

It's really about being in central Tirol, doesn't matter whether it's not IN Innsbruck but it's just that Innsbruck has the best links East and West and also down into Northern Italy where another of our places is.

Thanks for doing that, I imagine there might be a problem getting a 6 month contact but any idea of prices, etc would be really appreciated!!

Cheers
snow report
Brad1977, are you working for a laundry somewhere or are you just delivering the linen to the hotels? While Innsbruck is central you are competing on medium term lets with students at the Uni and Fachhochschule (technical uni) Any of the towns either side would also do and still give you plenty of scope for skiing a wide variety of places.

The A12 runs right through the Tirol from the border at Kufstein to about Landeck in the west. I think there may still be a short stretch in western Tirol where it is not yet finished, but it is still "Schnellstrasse" (and needs a toll sticker as well). You may get better odds on rents etc if you look at places like Zirl, Hall in Tirol, Schwaz, Imst etc. If you are collecting and delivering all over the Tirol, it really does not matter exactly where you are as long as you have easy access to the A12.

BTW you know that the police are sh*t-hot on controlling the speed along the A12 - it is nearly always regulated by the overhead gantries to 100km (65mph?). They claim it it is to reduce the air pollution, but the more cynical amongst us believe it is yet another cash cow for the provincial government. Salzburgerland is starting to do the same on the A10 Tauern Autobahn Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 25-07-11 11:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
My gf said to try this site: http://boersen.oeh.cc/view_wb.php, but she reckons you'll struggle to get a sixth month let too. There are some lets by student semesters on there, ie Sept to Feb and Feb to June/July, but a year is still the norm.

Samerberg Sue's idea is likely to be your best bet, I really wouldn't know where to look there, but you could try this site: http://immo.tt.com/immobilien/Wohnung/All/Innsbruck-Land/anzeigen-3-0-1.html. By the way, Innsbruck Land means the area around Innsbruck, and should include some of those satellite villages/towns.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy