Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Western Grand Massif, Morillon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at resorts for a short trip early next Feb (before the school hols) & an option has popped up at this hotel.
It looks brand new, but I'm wondering if any of you are familiar with its location in Morillon.
Probably because it's new, trying to find info is difficult so I'm hoping som eof you locals can help.
I skied a day at Samoens last season, coming up from the big car park in teh village by bubble. is this similar to teh setup at Morillon?
What about the cost of transfers from Geneva & village amenities?

Thanks in advance
CW
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cardweg, mmmmm I don't think it was there when I lived there, can you post a link?

As for the set up;
- there's a bubble from the village to 1100 and then chair lifts to the top (so quite like Samoens in that respect) it takes about 40 minutes from the bottom to the top,
- transfers are no problem if it's in Morillon
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it IS new i.e opened last season. I stayed in Verchaix last January and remember driving past it - IIRC it is the Cluses side of Morillon. 10 - 15 mins walk from the main gondola.

As regards the village, there's not a great deal there - less than Combloux I would think, but all the necessary.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marcellus, you can find it at www.residence-morillon.fr and some more research suggests it opened in january with a few teething problems, however I'm hoping those will have been ironed out now. Wondering if there's a supermarket handy too?

Annie, I'm impressed that you remembered where I went last year! Combloux worked out very well, but this year's car hire prices are pushing me towards a place we can easily get a transfer to, hence morillon & les houches. Morillon option is noticeably cheaper, but has a few more unknowns.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

CW Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, so now I know where it is...... within a few minutes walk there is a boulangerie, a few bars and restaurants, the ski bus will stop outside and take you to the telecabine in a few minutes..... theres a small supermarket and butchers about 10/15minutes walk away too... best bet would be to got to these after skiing and then get the ski bus back to the Hotel, there's also within walking distance a lake and outdoor activities during the summer.

All in all, quite a good location, no need for a car, easy transfers and being a new Best Western probably quite good accommodation too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have visited last year it and perfectly adequate although a bit soulless. Location is ok but there is certainly better in Morillon. Would personally recommend Hotel Le Morillon as better location and excellent food see http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/morillon.htm
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank XPeak,
I'd been dithering between Morillon & les Houches and a new offer came up at the weekend in les Houches that was better still, so les Houches it is.
Thanks to everyone for all their comments in this thread.
CW Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy