Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

energy boost required(natural)

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of any energy boost tips for long days skiing as I am suffering from a illness that makes me very tired,I work all day but I dont spend the same energy in a day as skiing so I am worried about the coming ski season/trips.Any tips would be welcomed and advice taken I feel really sluggish and just worried about general fittness levels really and want to make the most out of my hard earned money.Are there any ski clinics around the Manchester area that get you prepared for the coming ski season ?.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously loads stuff out there but you could try dried fruit, in particular apricots. You can keep a few loose in your pocket and scoff one or two on the lift. They are big enough to handle with gloves on and do not need any wrapping (as long as you don't mid the odd bit of fluff (ooh matron!)).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just take it easier. Get up at a sensible time in the morning, ski a few hours, stop for lunch, if you want to carry on then go ahead, if you don't then head home and get some rest before dinner.

Failing that, get a decent breakfast in you, keep hydrated, and give your body time to recover during the first couple of days.

It's a holiday. Enjoy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eat more protein and less carbs. Before and shortly after skiing.

Get well soon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Basil wrote:
Obviously loads stuff out there but you could try dried fruit, in particular apricots. You can keep a few loose in your pocket and scoff one or two on the lift. They are big enough to handle with gloves on and do not need any wrapping (as long as you don't mid the odd bit of fluff (ooh matron!)).
Just be aware that if you are not used to eating dried apricots then they have a dramatic effect on your digestion, which might not be quite what you want when miles from the nearest loo. Speaking from personal experience here Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steilhang, Been there and done that too. Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chocolate.

Only problem is its a short lived boost, and then you have to eat some more.

Plus what Monium, said.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob wrote:
Chocolate.

Only problem is its a short lived boost, and then you have to eat some more.

Problem Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or sod the natural stuff and just down 4 cans of Red Bull with a couple of Pro Plus ground into each can. You won't sleep for weeks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoid processed food.
Don't eat huge meals - you will expend lots of energy digesting.
Don't eat lots of bread - although this is hard in France.
Always eat breakfast.
Keep hydrated.
Get plenty of sleep.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
meandrew wrote:
Does anyone know of any energy boost tips for long days skiing as I am suffering from a illness that makes me very tired,I work all day but I dont spend the same energy in a day as skiing so I am worried about the coming ski season/trips.Any tips would be welcomed and advice taken I feel really sluggish and just worried about general fittness levels really and want to make the most out of my hard earned money.Are there any ski clinics around the Manchester area that get you prepared for the coming ski season ?.

What type of work do you do? Do you have a desk job? I have found that I can be more tired after a day at the office than other more active work
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chocolate covered dried apricots.

Seriously, a good breakfast. Also, I normally carry some dried fruit, a mixture of things like dates, figs, prunes, apple, apricot. Do not over indulge in the dried fruit unless you have properly trained your digestion.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Holy Jeebus, it's like a Saga recipe page in here......man up, and if you get tired, go home. Simples.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Poridge for breakfast is always a good one! And something like soup for lunch.
Another great tip I was given is to make urself up a nose bag - small zip seal bag or similar with mixed dried fruit and nuts and bits of chocolate, cheese, jelly babys, anything really. then jus keep it in ur pocket and have a handfull every now and again.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
meandrew, given that you have already posted what illness it is you have on this forum, maybe you should mention it again? Otherwise you're going to get loads of inappropriate solutions like dried prunes... Could it be your medication that is making you lethargic? Worth talking to your GP/Pharmacist?
snow conditions
If you're well enough to ski, are you well enough to train before hand? Trying to improve your fitness, in any way, will have more impact on your stamina than anything else. Other than that, take it easy - take a break every few turns.
ski holidays
[TGR on]

Bacon!
Next question?

[/TGR]
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy