Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Report - Milton Keynes Xscape - honest.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just because it is summer, doesn't mean we're not skiing.

After several weeks of backbreaking work in the garden, building a garage (don't ask) the stresses of buying a house, and having to do a bit of work generally, we decided to have a proper day off today.

By about lunchtime we'd got out of bed, and promptly got ourselves packed up with skis in the car to go to Milton Keynes for an afternoon off.

First stop was Frankie and Benny's for a fairly average but large late lunch, I can't honestly reccomend the cajun chicken calzone, but it was food and I was hungry.

Next up was the ski slope. We walk in to see a lot of people (bad sign) and then look across to see a piste basher (even worse sign)

Oh dear.

Not so oh dear it was 6:40 and the piste was reopening at 7pm. Off to get the skis out of the car, get changed, and we were one of the first down it this evening.

I know there's been a bit of whinging about MK on here in recent months, but frankly it was very very quiet, the piste was freshly bashed and in reasonable shape for me to test out some skis (Dynastar Legend Sultan 85, and yes they were very good) and for Mrs Monium to test out some skis as well (K2 Lotta Luv, she seemed happy too) and overall as good as any other fridge in the UK today.

It was also £16 for 2 hours. Beat that. Well, nobody will, because that is dirt cheap, and is a great way of keeping in practice over the summer months. Or just hammering down a ski slope that is almost completely empty and forgetting all the stress and strain of everything else in life with the wind in your hair. Perhaps.

After our session on the snow, we pootled on upstairs to collect our free tickets for Harry Potter 3D. Also remarkably good value, being free, along with free popcorn and free drink each. The film was pretty good, certainly better than any of the other options in the cinema at the moment, but they clearly missed a Hermione norks out opportunity when they get out of that lake - some of us fellas have been dragged to about a dozen different films waiting for her to finally do us proud, and I feel cheated.

Anyway, back home for tea and medals, anyone planning a trip to MK it is a bargain right now, and the slope is quiet even on a Sunday night.

We passed the carpark at Hemel on the way there, and there were dozens of cars there. No idea if they were all skiing, but if even half of them were on the slope it will have been massively busier than MK today.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monium, Race on at Hemel over the weekend , so explains all the cars.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scot_Ski wrote:

I see. Good thing we didn't go for Hemel then! We did have a couple of "races" at MK because it was so quiet, but without any gates Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scot_Ski wrote:

Doubt that as the races were over by lunchtime on both Sat and Sun. If it was Sun evening, I know there are a couple of club training sessions (stubbies only) that run then, so there will be people out doing stuff most Sunday eves - although as the race would have involved some of them in the morning that would probably have actually reduced their numbers a bit yesterday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds good. I think I'll go skiing tomorrow, I'll be sure to post pics.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm... I haven't looked at MK for deals for a while. I might have to try it again, it's been a while...
Thanks for the tip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy