Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere - Guides and Instructors recomendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will hopefully be traveling to Val d'Isere in January. It appears that there are numerous orgnasations that provide Off-Piste Guides and Ski Instructors as well as many individuals. Does any one have any recomendations for:
1. a group which would head off-piste for each morning and well as porviding some limited ski instruction for me;
2. a morning ski school for my wife.

Leaving time for free skiing in the afternoon.

Also are fat skiis to hire easy to find at the French resorts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think we need some more details about you and your party. How many people? What sort of skiing standards are each of you? How much off-piste experience and in what conditions? Do you want to ski off-piste together or will you separate across groups according to ability?

Generally the Val d'Isere ski schools are all good. There is so much competition that anyone bad will suffer. Having said that, we all have our favourite schools and favourite teachers. My favourity is http://www.alpineexperience.com but they would not usually do on-piste morning lessons. You may find it best to go for different ski schools for people with different needs and abilities.

Some ski schools have off-piste groups every morning and technical lessons in the afternoon. Clients can do either or both.

Whichever ski school you choose for off-piste, I would recommend booking well before travelling. Some parts of the season can be fully booked months in advance.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rcsrcs, Adrian, is right - there is almost never a "one size fits all" solution, and it's not very clear from your post exactly what you're looking for. Had you thought of hiring an instructor for the week and "mixing and matching" to suit yourselves? When you mention guides do you off piste on a glaciated area (high mountain guide a necessity), or do you just mean off piste, in which case an instructor with good knowledge of the terrain would be able to do the job.

the ValD website has details of many schools etc. and there are many individual instructors there as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rcsrcs, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rcsrcs, Alpine Experience are truly excellent but as Adrian says are more of a guiding company. More instruction oriented and a "ski school" like are Top Ski. For you and your "off piste" group I think they'd be good to check out to do mixed days although you might find that you end up having to take a private "lesson" as it were. See http://www.topskival.com/ I'm not sure if they'll have regular ski classes for your wife though...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rcsrcs, g'day! Welcome to the other side of the world. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy