Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Freedom?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody have any experiences of using or staying with Ski Freedom in any of their chalets?

Am considering booking with them, but can't say I've ever come across them.

Any experience?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Regretfully I have stayed with Ski Freedom

I know when you read a review on the internet you tend to think it is exagerated or bias BUT DO NOT GO SKIING WITH 'SKI FREEDOM'.

WE HAD SO MANY COMPLAINTS DURING OUR STAY AND BARELY ANY OF THEM WERE SORTED OUT, FOR EXAMPLE...

-THE CHALET WAS FILTHY AND WE ENDED UP CLEANING THE CHALET OURSELVES E.G BATHROOMS WERE FILTHY
-LIGHT BULBS NOT WORKING
-SURFACES COVERED IN DUST
-SHEETS HAD BLOOD/ MUD STAINS ON- THESE WERE CHANGED UPON ASKING BUT STAFF WERE SHIRTY

-THE STAFF WERE UNABLE TO CLEAN OR COOK A SIMPLE MEAL. LAZY AND IMPOLITE
-BEDS WERE NEVER MADE IN MORNING.
-FOOD WAS TO AN AWFUL STANDARD
-WE FOUND 'OUT OF DAT'E MEAT IN FRIDGE BY 3 DAYS WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN SERVED TO US IF WE HAD NOT SPOTTED IT!

-THEY WERE JUST A POORLY RUN, UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY AND THEY GAVE NO APOLOGIES.

-THE REASON WHY THERE ARE NO POSITIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS UNHEARD OF COMPANY IS BECAUSE NO HAS HAD ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT THEM. HAVE STAYED IN MANY CHALETS AND NEVER HAD SUCH POOR SERVICE. I SUGGEST YOU TRY SKI ARMADILLO, POWDER WHITE, BRAMBLE SKI, SKI BEAT, SCOTT DUNN, SKI SOLUTIONS OR SKI VERBIER INSTEAD.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They've changed their names a few times over the years too. Nice guy that runs them but no consistency with the staff they hire. Self-catering might not be that bad, but it only takes one bad host and you could end up with a holiday like skier29 had.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same as every other mid level chalet operator. The standard of the holiday is completely dependent of the standard of the host. Skier 29 obviously had a duff one.

Ski Freedom are cheap though, so it's really not fair to compare them to a Scott Dunn, Bramble or Ski Verbier holiday. You may as well compare a beaten up Nissan Micra with a Ferrari Enzo. Also, Ski Solutions are an travel agent, not an operator.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mmm thanks for the interesting feedback so far. Found the following feedback as well: http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/ski-freedom-holiday-from-hell-t113855.html

Was looking to book with them due to the fact that the Warren Smith ski academy seems to recommend them this year as part of their program. When doing a course last year, they were linked to Chalets Unlimited, whih was a fantastic experience in terms of service, food etc, but obviously this kind of feedback makes me apprehensive...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Best value in Verbier in my mind is Ski Armadillo. Don't pay too much attention to list prices on their website because they are ALWAYS up for some negotiation. Nice chalets too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used these guys in early march and had a great time, as parlour said one bad ski host and you get a bad rep. And the other companies mentioned, yeah they are good but thats because your paying for duke of york and sarah ferguerson star service and over the odds, just look at ski verbiers site.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
The small chalet we booked was horrible, dirty and the chalet girl not much better.

for some reason I had to smile Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chalets Unlimited are still offering accommodation for all courses and looking forward to seeing our many old friends and new friends in Verbier this season.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pricewise Ski Freedom is a lot cheaper than Ski Verbier and Brambleski. Armadillo is closer and there are a few other companies in Verbier in a similar price bracket including Chalets Unlimited and Powderwhite listed above. Whilst Ski Beat and Scott Dunn are both good companies neither are in Verbier. If you are still looking we would be happy to help.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[/b] I am the founder of Ski Freedom and am very surprised to read these comments about us. We are a Swiss company who have been running self catered and catered chalet holidays for 8 years now from 3 class to luxury properties and the service corresponding.
As with most companies there are one or two unhappy guests in the season but the large majority are very satisfied and come back with Ski Freedom. This season we have a great team of qualified chefs and cleaners and we are taking even more properties. With our collaboration with Warren Smith we offer catered weeks per person in luxury and central ski chalets with jacuzzis and the video analysis will take place in our chalets. We look forward to seeing you for a great winter with loads of snow!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from a Warren Smith course having stayed with Ski Freedom. My strong recommendation to WS was to dis-associate himself from Ski Freedom (and quickly). Chris SF comments above just about sum it all up - completely ignoring customer feedback and doing something to address it. If he spent some time actually looking at what was going on he would not be surprised. We provided feedback to the founder on our 2nd day - got some mumbled words by way of response but little actual significant action. The chalet itself was reasonable. The staff were nice enough folk but very average at what they do - communications poor on things like pick up times and how many people were staying in the chalet!!! On the first night the staff thought they had 8 for dinner when there were 9. Food was poor - one decent meal, the rest way below average - looked like the budget was way too low. To the points above of dependency on good staff - our replacement chalet man was a decent enough chap but on a week's contract. Room cleaning and fresh towels and linen were sporadic - no towels or handwash in the bathrooms at the start of the week. Drop off and pick up from the slopes was good and flexible. Overall, regardless of price, much better value lies elsewhere - I've had better experiences even from standard packages from Ignhams, Chrystal, etc. No doubt Chris freedom will be surprised by my comments.......
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adybabe, there the week before you on the course stayed in the ski freedom Valsorey completely agree with your comments. Will do the course again next year but will be staying with another company.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As a rather experienced ski holliday buyer as well as business organizer and used the Ski freedom services, since its start in Verbier for more than 15 yeas, several times a year I can hardly believe or recognize any of the issues, arised in this forum over Ski freedom, neither the comments at its owner Chris.
We are constantly monitoring the offering been given to us, and over the years, we have always choosen Ski freedom as our company to help us for business events or for private family holidays.
We have always been met with good service a friendly staff, and off cause for any tour operator, some issues, can go wrong..but should not reflect the overall impression..

And I am just amazed with the different issues, raised in this forum.
It is simply to many to be true..

Either the parties involved, both at Ski freedom and on its client side, simply have not been able to communicate with one another, or the expectation to the product being bought and delivered, is simply too far away one another. And haven´t been able to solve it face to face.

No tour operator, will ever be able to stay in business and being one of the most experienced operators in Verbier, if the company Ski freedom in general has clients experience, like the ones, being mentioned, I would doubt that any would face such a massive complain record, year after year.. Without any correcting task, being done. Constantly

On behalf the guests and the companies, that I have taken to Verbier, using Ski freedom, as our operational company, we have always been met, with a highly dedicated staff, owner and not least value for money, offering. Every time.
And if there have been an issue to correct, this have been done in a professional and friendly atmosphere. Not in harsh unfriendly way, as I see the type of communication in this forum, is being conducted.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
director1, "Not in harsh unfriendly way, as I see the type of communication in this forum, is being conducted"
They are the customers you are a provider/buyer: if one does not get arsey nothing happens; I believe a bad book on SH is just the thing to shake the companies into providing what they advertise. It should be set up now!
ski holidays
director1, welcome to snowHead s
It seems a little odd to me that your first post is in defence of a TO.
May we ask, do you have any financial interest in Ski Freedom?
latest report
Not at all.. I am just supriced with the harsh tone, and not least the experience that you guys have had...... What is the purpose? To warn? or to ask for a refund?
snow report
director1 wrote:
Not at all.. I am just supriced with the harsh tone, and not least the experience that you guys have had...... What is the purpose? To warn? or to ask for a refund?

I think the guys are warning people, it is almost impossible to gain refunds once you have returned; my advice is to get a refund or cash from resort manager whilst you are there and make it plain that you will not settle for less.
snow report
Purely just to warn director1, I wouldn't want anyone to have maybe their one weeks ski holiday a year and receive the same level of service in the chalet that our group did.
ski holidays
We have stayed with Ski Freedom in Verbier for the last few winters and we are returning this winter.

We found the company good value for money, the staff were polite and helpful and the chalets were very good quality for the price.

So I'm surprised about all the negative comments. Any small problems we had were generally quickly resolved, and our holiday was enjoyable, and again, I feel, excellent value for money.

I met Chris Freedom during one of the holidays and got the feeling he is passionate about the mountains, skiing and ensuring people enjoy their stay.

We have stayed with other companies who gave much worse service !
ski holidays
Wow - this looks so staged.
snow report
I wouldn't trust some of the above comments, as it is only their first or second post... They may well have a vested interest somewhere.
snow report
If you want my advice never trust any post with the words "Ski" and "free" in the title. Laughing
snow conditions
As a user of Tripadvisor, I always disregard comments by people who only have one or two reviews to their name.
latest report
Chris freedom wrote:
[/b] I am the founder of Ski Freedom and am very surprised to read these comments about us. We are a Swiss company who have been running self catered and catered chalet holidays for 8 years now from 3 class to luxury properties and the service corresponding.
As with most companies there are one or two unhappy guests in the season but the large majority are very satisfied and come back with Ski Freedom. This season we have a great team of qualified chefs and cleaners and we are taking even more properties. With our collaboration with Warren Smith we offer catered weeks per person in luxury and central ski chalets with jacuzzis and the video analysis will take place in our chalets. We look forward to seeing you for a great winter with loads of snow!!
Perhaps your first post should have read as follows.

"Skier29 please send me by PM your email or phone number, we would be only to pleased to discuss your issues and see how we can best restore your faith in our company"

In my business customer is King and great customer service keeps customers.
snow conditions
adybabe wrote:
Just back from a Warren Smith course having stayed with Ski Freedom. My strong recommendation to WS was to dis-associate himself from Ski Freedom (and quickly). Chris SF comments above just about sum it all up - completely ignoring customer feedback and doing something to address it. If he spent some time actually looking at what was going on he would not be surprised. We provided feedback to the founder on our 2nd day - got some mumbled words by way of response but little actual significant action. The chalet itself was reasonable. The staff were nice enough folk but very average at what they do - communications poor on things like pick up times and how many people were staying in the chalet!!! On the first night the staff thought they had 8 for dinner when there were 9. Food was poor - one decent meal, the rest way below average - looked like the budget was way too low. To the points above of dependency on good staff - our replacement chalet man was a decent enough chap but on a week's contract. Room cleaning and fresh towels and linen were sporadic - no towels or handwash in the bathrooms at the start of the week. Drop off and pick up from the slopes was good and flexible. Overall, regardless of price, much better value lies elsewhere - I've had better experiences even from standard packages from Ignhams, Chrystal, etc. No doubt Chris freedom will be surprised by my comments.......

Well I am not a first time poster on Snowheads as everyone can see.

I was another of the guests in the chalet that week and I agree with every word that adybabe has said.

I do not recognise him or her from their user name, however they may well be one of the couple that arrived a day early, otherwise they would have also mentioned the various problems with the transfers in both directions. Those issues would be worth a post in themselves. I could also add the fact that some of us at least, were charged extra for paying by credit card, although that was not explained to us in advance. If it had been then we could have chosen other payment methods.

There were nine of us in total, comprised of three pairs or couples, plus three singles, or in other words six separate bookings. We had all booked with Ski Freedom for one reason only and that is that Ski Freedom was recommended on Warren Smith’s website and we were all there for a Ski Academy course . To me this is the sort of extra business that any chalet operator would bite your arm off to get and was a particular bonus in one of the very early weeks of the season.

I would say that given the week in question, the location of the chalet and for the service provided, the week was significantly over priced. This was advertised as a “four star” chalet. The service provided including the food was certainly not four star IMHO and all that.

There is more that I could say however I will leave it at that for the moment, unless of course the likes of director1 or mikethebike would like to question anything I have said.
snow report
Have just returned from a fabulous week's skiing with WS and stayed in Chalet Aneto, Verbier with Ski Freedom and would have no hesitation in recommending Ski Freedom - the chalet was clean, tidy & warm; staff were friendly & accommodating; all evening meals were freshly prepared - 3 courses & as much wine as you could drink - Antonio was a superb cook, full of chat and entertained us with his tales; transfer times to the slopes was early but this gave you the chance to enjoy the newly pisted slopes on your own and they were flexible picking us up after our apres-ski.
The guests staying along with us were from all corners of the globe and also on the WS course, making for excellent company and dinner chat.
Hot tub was fantastic!
As you can see our experience is somewhat different from above however we have no financial interest in leaving this positive review. This is our second time using SF and will use them again.
ski holidays
I just returned from 4 magnificent days in Verbier with SkiFreedom. We stayed in a centrally located self-catered chalet of good quality for the price.

The staff of Ski Freedom was very service-minded and responsive, and they were on time (actually a bit early) to all agreements we made with them (including pick-up at the airport, a tour of the 4-Vallées and the return to the airport). They also provided us with good recommendations on places to ski, apres-ski, lunch restaurants etc.

I have been to close to 15 resorts in the Alps the last 10 years, and this is the first time I am considering going back to a resort because of the staff of the charter company (in addition to the good skiing)!

My varmest recommendations to SKi Freedom and its staff! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wonder if admin or someone else would be able to identify those lucky people who have posted only once or twice that had a fantastic week with the company concerned and are praising the company! If it proves to be associated the company concerned should have concentrated their efforts in rectifying the situation and not trying "Goebbels type propoganda"!

If it were me, I would try and solve the problem rather than making the company sound foolish to th snowHead community!
ski holidays
Roy Hockley wrote:
I wonder if admin or someone else would be able to identify those lucky people who have posted only once or twice that had a fantastic week with the company concerned and are praising the company! If it proves to be associated the company concerned should have concentrated their efforts in rectifying the situation and not trying "Goebbels type propoganda"!

If it were me, I would try and solve the problem rather than making the company sound foolish to th snowHead community!
So people being positive are not allowed to post any messages? I think the are trying to control people's opinions in North Korea as well...

Anyway, my experience is that you are normally being treated the way you deserve, If you behave nice, you are treated nicely, etc.
latest report
Seeing that skier29's (incidentally a first and last poster) problems were last season, is it not possible that Ski Freedom have taken on-board previous issues and have put their house in order?

Welcome to SH PowderRun, blood, bile, snow, we've got 'em all.
latest report
I stayed with SF at the Verlan (close to the Medran) on the WSA course.

The chalet was clean, had fantastic views and was amazingly convenient. The food was OK and improved during the week as there was a transitional overhang of staff issues which were being worked through professionally. Special needs/requests were met and my only gripe is the lack of hooks to hand stuff in the bedrooms which is a myopic oversight by the owner rather than Ski Freedom. My chalet hosts were led by Jo and included Matt and Will, who all handled a diverse group with aplomb and diplomacy.

Dealing direct with CF was easy and straight forward. Calls were returned promptly from Chris and his team. Maybe I was was lucky, but usually there are two sides to poor communication when there are problems, and it's easier to lambast on a forum which inevitably gains negative momentum.

From my experience, I'd book with them again whether recommended by Warren or not. Cool
latest report
PowderRun, Welcome to snowHead s!! We all no doubt look forward to your contributions in the future! Keep posting!

I agree with Richard_Sideways, It is possible that the issues were rectified, if indeed there was a real problem!!
snow report
When the use of an author's paeudonym was no longer permitted on our local S1 website the quality and accuracy of comments improved significantly. Faith was restored in the validity of opinions and the sites credibility improved.

Our earlier comment may be the first one we have made on Snowheads and I can assure you this second one will be our last on this subject because I will not waste anymore time associated with negative back stabbing - we will use SF again when we return to Verbier and for the record we have stayed throughout France & Switzerland with many other companies and so feel able to comment objectively.
snow conditions
What a bizzare response.....
latest report
???? SkiG, Kinda weird alright! It is however a shame as no doubt he may have some nuggets of info to inform us on! Sadly our loss!
ski holidays
I have just returned from taking part in the Warren Smith Academy (WSA) and I stayed at Ski Freedom's Chalet Aneto.

As with most people I selected Ski Freedom in order to be with other WSA students. I did however review other options as we all know how expensive Verbier is! This worked out really well. There were only 6 people in our chalet as most had opted for the single person upgrade so sharing ablutions was never an issue. We also spent a lot of time popping into to some of the other SF Chalets to meet up with friends we had made on the course.

Personally, I had been upgraded from another chalet, so I was delighted to find I had a large twin room, with a balcony and a fantastic view of the Alps. The location was very quiet and the electric blinds cut out any light pollution so I had some very good nights. I also used the outside Jacuzzi several times.

The food was OK. Antonio our host could not do enough for us. A real bonus was the excellent poached eggs and bacon he cooked for me every morning. He even did all my washing on the last day which was a nice gesture.

The Chalet is located a good 15 minute walk from the Medran lift but SF provide a mini-bus service when you need it. This seemed to work most of the time. On the one morning the driver was not around Antonio dropped us off. On the SF day off, Matt the driver dropped me off at the pizza shop so I could order and pick-up food for our two chalets as booking a table for 10 was impossible.

I am not saying everything was perfect. There are still areas where SF can improve but overall I enjoyed my stay and would use SF again. I know two other people in my class tried to save money and regretted it. I can't remember where they stayed but there were very impressed when they visited our chalets for the WSA video analysis.

Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm just back from a week in Verbier staying with Ski Freedom (while doing a Warren Smith course). I was very happy with Ski Freedom.

I booked last minute and was really pleased with the chalet: clean, well appointed, lots of hot water and even had a jacuzzi. Eva, our "chalet girl" was a great cook, always there first thing to have breakfast ready for early risers and didn't miss a beat. I had an en suite room with a great view over the mountains too.

Unlike other chalets I've stayed been to in Verbier, Ski Freedom lay on a minibus that took us to Medran each morning so no clumping around in boots / tired legs before the day. Matt and Antonio the drivers also appeared at the end of the day to pick us up and get us home letting us focus on the skiing and apres ski without worry about a walk home in ski boots. Really appreciated. Both were friendly and helpful (e.g. if a quick detour to the ski shop was needed.) Always on time.

I've skied for 25 years and used many different companies in Verbier and elsewhere. Based on this last week's experience I'd go with Ski Freedom again.
snow report
Without saying many words: AVOID if you are a professional and expect a certain standard of service and accommodation. They are advertised on the Warren ski academy and if you are skiing with them please do not book ski freedom. There's a lot to say but I'll leave it at that. Highly disappointed. It does to a certain extent depend on the host, but everything is very shoddy. I would be happy to answer individual questions.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Wow - this looks so staged.

Good god yes Shocked So many people on 1st or 2nd post either knocking or defending, smells like Grimsbury
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy