Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park late season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help, we are keen to go to Winter Park in 2012 but for various reasons can go no earlier than March 30th. Is it likely that the entire resort will be open or do they start to close off some of the runs towards end of season? (I think they officially close on April 24th)

We really want to go to Winter Park but if anyone has better suggestions for US resorts around this time (30th March for 10 days ish) we're listening!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vail, Beaver, Keystone, Copper, Steamboat, A Basin, Breck. All at Easter (April) and always excellent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mrmandala, if my memory is correct winter park skied till april 8th this year
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
just checked the WP website, they are looking to run till april 22nd 2012
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure about the date...but my opinion on resorts would be head to a town called Frisco for the 10 days then that would give you daily access to many of the resorts mentioned by Maersk.

I wouldn't say the resorts around Frisco are 'better' than Winter Park, but in my opinion i'd prefer the variety for 10 days!

Joe Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. Plenty of time yet but this helps with the planning. So many choices Smile

Will report back in due course!

Cheers
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow SHOULD still be good but you may have some spring conditions. Historically Winter Park has one of the best snow records in CO. I've never been. I'm commenting more on the recommendation of Frisco. We spent 9 days in Frisco and loved it. Just the right size for us. Big enough that there were sufficient dining and drinking options, and small enough that there was little traffic or problems with parking. I may have these distances a little wrong but Frisco is about 6 miles from Copper Mountain and is convenient to Copper by bus. Frisco is 9-10 miles from Breckenridge and is reasonably convenient to Breck by bus. Convenient parking in Breck will cost about $10 / day. It's probably 15 miles or so to Keystone and Arapahoe Basin is just a bit beyond Keystone. Arapahoe Basin is very high and will almost certainly have good snow at that time of year. We really liked A-Basin but I'd reserve it for nice days, which you should be getting at that time of year. Vail is probably 25 miles from Frisco on freeway (it does go over a high pass so if the weather is bad the road can be slippery, but an easy drive in clear weather). Beaver Creek is a few miles past Vail. The bases of these mountains are generally high; Breck and Copper are around 9500', A-Basin is about 10,500' at the base, Vail and Beaver Creek are in the lower 8,000' range at the base so the conditions are still generally good. I'd also take a look at staying in Breckenridge. While I've not actually stayed there the town just looks like fun. We have eaten there, skied there, and walked around town. Main street is lined with Victorian buildings housing pubs, restaurants, shops, etc. Frisco is like a small Breckenridge.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy