Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who's off where next season????

Poster: A snowHead
Hello there peeps!

Not been on here much since about February. Just thought it would be interesting to see who's going where this coming season, and whether they've booked or not???

After a great year last season, 9 days La Plagne at xmas, 5 days Grindelwald in Feb, and another 9 days in La Plagne in March taking in a last day on the Grand Montets, Chamonix, (photo's available to view at http://ian-kirwin.fotopic.net if anyone's interested, we're not going to La Plagne this coming season Very Happy

We are going to Chamonix for xmas (23rd Dec - 31st Dec), staying at the Croix Blanche right in the centre.

So come on, boys and girls, who's going where? Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wengen, Wengen, Wengen and possibly if the snow stays good Wengen, so far I have 7 weeks booked up, now all I have to do is earn enough to pay for it Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heh heh heh, just for a change eh??? Did you ever get that resort guide/website you were thinking of doing that I gave yer some info on Grindelwald for?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scratch that, just seen the reply in Resorts Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc, see my reply to your other post
latest report
 brian
brian
I'm going to Les Gets, Feb 11th-18th, booked a s/c chalet with some friends and booked the squeazyjet. This will be first full ski trip with the kids !

Also looking at a long weekend around my birthday, which is March 3rd, very much without the kids Very Happy Will probably book flights to Geneva and decide where to go near the time. Quite fancy Chamonix (never been), maybe a wee Vallée Blanche option or 2 ??

Plus of course praying to the snow gods for a decent winter and a few days on home Scottish snow snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably Arc 1800 on New Year's Eve and (hopefully) somewhere in Austria at Easter Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, I'd only previously skiied La Plagne and Wengen. Our last day at La Plagne in March, we took in a day at Chamonix on the Grand Montets. It was bloody scary as well Very Happy We stayed on the reds, as the blues were paths about 6-8feet wide with 2000ft sheer drops off the side Confused

Chamonix is a fantastic place, my brother took me there for a few days about 5 years ago in November. I had only skiied once about 12 years previously, on a dry ski slope for a day. Going up on the Flegere cable car, seeing the 18inch deep snow, and all the chairlifts made me want to have a go. Laughing The town in fantastic, and the nightlife is fantastic (for France Very Happy ) with it being a working town.

I think we are also thinking about St Anton later in the season Shocked If so, I may get out of bed and ski one day, as I believe it is just a wee bit wild of a night Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hywel, I just love the wide reds and blues down towards Plan Peisey, great confidence builders they are
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well,i might just be going to Murren but for not sure when and how many weeks Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes, never made it up to Murren Sad We were there when the lift up there was shut last year
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So were we.Did you see a group of people with 3 Huskies walking around the village,if so,that was us snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dunno, seen lots of pink elephants tho Very Happy hic Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, lol. If you visit the region again,try and ski Murren,its worth it wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, from all your posts we'd never guess you like/are going to Wengen wink
snow report
crazy_skier_jules, yeah I know it's an addiction wink
snow conditions
D G Orf, same problem, hopelessly addicted to La Clusaz and skiing... *runs off in search of snow and doesn't find any* dammit! Need... More... Snow...
Julia snowHead
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, a little pic to help fight the addiction for you Laughing

ski holidays
Westendorf in January and maybe Courchevel at half term...if not then somewhere high up at Easter...
latest report
Tignes during Feb half term, another week - location and timing to be confirmed, possibly a weekend at Easter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Crans-Montana & Val D'Anniviers in Jan, plus a late season trip TBA, may be Spain/Andorra
snow report
Tignes at Feb half term also and probably Whistler at the end of March
snow report
Tignes in November, with five or six visits to Les arcs planned between December and April. My ambition is to ski in every month of the season next year.
latest report
Val d'Isere for a weekend early December, probably Champoluc for Xmas/NY, Morzine (in a catered chalet!!! what am I thinking of?) in January, hopefully Utah in March, Morzine for Easter and probably some sneaky Champoluc/Chamonix weekends scattered throughout.
snow conditions
Planning on 2/52 in Verbier or Snowbird or Tignes. Anyone guess why those 3 in particular? wink Should be able to decide/book soon.

And hopefully a couple of weekends too. Maybe a snowHead one?
latest report
Somewhere over NY - researching at the moment! A week in Verbier mid season and a week teaching over Easter, probably.
snow report
La Plagne 1800- all season! Roll on December!
ski holidays
Somewhere mid Jan and somewhere end March - although going last minute so we'll go where the snow is best!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Plagne Montalbert on our new apartment and planning on doing whatrob@rar.org.uk, is doing - skiing at least a day in every month of the season except November. Going to buy my first ever season ski pass snowHead Will do day trips to Val D'Isere, La Rosiere to try it out and 3 valleys (where I have skied every year at least three times for 15 years)
ski holidays
Welcome back to the big Scouser. La Rosiere 19th Feb but deffo going for a 2nd consecutive 2 week season, Perhaps even 3 if we have the time and money
snow report
Cheers Frosty Wink Gutted, just read about the meet you lot had at Castleford in June, and saw the August one mentioned. Can't make it to that one either, gotta work Puzzled
latest report
Mouth, just visited your site,that will be a lovely chalet in a fantastic location once completed,very lucky wink
snow report
Passo Tonale 28th Jan

Bring it on Very Happy
snow conditions
Haute Nendaz from Jan - March/April. Can't wait!
Very Happy
latest report
Pre-season bash in Oct, Kitzbuhl at Christmas, ESA/Utah in Jan/Feb & hopefully something end season.
snow report
Well, natch, Les Deux Alpes - but I don't know if you can call it "going" - "staying" would be more accurate! Very Happy I expect to get over to BSM for the second week of the bash (assuming it goes ahead as previously planned). Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
5 months in Verbier. Skiing all day, everyday, weather permitting snowHead
I just hope I don't overdo it and lose my enthusiam for my sliding obsession.
snow report
rockyrobin,

I am so jealous! How come you're managing to to that?
ski holidays
Got a week booked 22nd Jan in Saas-Fee with wife and small person - hope for a 2nd week in March, probably 3V
ski holidays
beanie1, I decided a couple of years ago that my chosen career path wasn't for me so have been working myself upto having a full season's holiday sliding.
All those years I spent working indoors pining for a window to look out of have caught up with me. If I had stayed any longer I fear I would have become a fruitcake.
Everyone I know feels I would suit doing something in the skiing industry outdoors, so this is my way of finding out whether I can handle the cold for a full season.
If my skiing improves enough this coming winter I may look at doing a BASI course the following year.
I noticed your going to Verbier yourself this coming season? When it gets nearer the time PM me on here and will have to arrange to meet up. I have a friend who is also doing a season in Verbier and there are one or two other people I know that are coming over during the season so you would be more than welcome to tag along or join us for a slide or two if you wish.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy