Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski The Alps for free. Looking for 150 friends

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads. My name is Mike Rosoft. I have a small recreational fun hobby manufacturing fleecy blankets and baby clothes, called Mike Rosoft Softwear. It’s situated close to some great skiing in Switzerland. I’d like to find 150 friends to help me in my hobby throughout the ski season.

You’ll get to ski for free and I’ll provide secure free dormitory accommodation conveniently situated at my hobby factory. All I ask in return is 80 hours a week sitting at an industrial sewing machine helping make my hobby products.

THIS IS NOT A JOB OFFER

This is a genuine offer aimed at a having a bunch of friends skiing together for UP TO 88 HOURS PER WEEK.

I’ll not be responding to troll posts attempting to present my ALTRUISTIC offer as some sort of scam. I’m sure that there are many genuine skiers out there who will recognise what a great deal this is and will understand that I am practically a saint.

So come on, respond and we can all have a great time in the snow together as FRIENDS.

For reasons too boring to go into I can’t disclose where the factory is located or what happened to the many friends who had a great time sking with me in previous seasons.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wow! really bored or really irate? didn't your mummy tell you that if you ignore nix he'll eventually go away?

now breath.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing Nice one S'lider! Thanks for letting us know about this great offer. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
S'lider Where do I sign up!? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think I am already doing it working 80 hours a week and skiing in my dream while sleeping the rest of 88 hours per week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds too good to be true, where do I sign up!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do they have to be friends?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We used to dream of only working 88 hours a week, or was it 25 hours a day, getting up 3 hours before we went to sleep, being beaten soundly, living in a hole in the road (but it was home to us) , etc, etc, etc............... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St.S'lider wrote:
All I ask in return is 80 hours a week sitting at an industrial sewing machine helping make my hobby products.

This is a genuine offer aimed at a having a bunch of friends skiing together for UP TO 88 HOURS PER WEEK.

So I sit at an industrial sewing machine for over 11 hours a day, 7 days a week, and for the remaining 88 hours of the week I can ski - or maybe sleep or eat !

I must be missing something !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
codyaitch wrote:

I must be missing something !

Really Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chattonmill,

Toofy Grin rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi S'lider, I like the sound of this but I have a couple of questions.

Does this include a lift pass for all local areas?

Does this include food?

Will I be able to work the the machines , I only have one leg? So will prefer the low bunk if it is bunk beds in the dorm.

Can you PM me, as I cannot get your link to work?

hoppy@iamasucker.com
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frankly I surprised at the cynicism here which is only what we've come to expect of the deterioration in the values of our community. And yet the site owners allow it. rolling eyes

This looks a tremendous deal and if I unfortunately wasn't hampered by other less attractive circumstances (like a real, legal, paying job) I'd be all over it like rabid badger.

I'll be regretting this all season as the friends' authorised representive Mr Rosoft informs us on a regular basis of what a fun friendly time they are all having while wearing one of his distinctive fleecy hats.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it ski in / ski out?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can teachers apply? Better still, can I bring 150 14-17 year olds with me?
snow report
Tiger2, do you need a week in Verbier first to risk asses the situation? You should get a feel for the area first and see if the night life is safe for the kids.
snow report
If I come with my partner, can we just do 40 hours a week each, and share a bed? If we worked together all day, from 7 am to 11 pm, on Saturdays and Sundays, and did a few extra hours each during the week, or during holidays when your other workers are away, that would be our 80 hours, wouldn't it?
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
if I unfortunately wasn't hampered by other less attractive circumstances I'd be all over it like rabid badger.

I think you'd find anyway that Swiss law comes down very hard on using rabid badgers to work on sewing.

Even rabid badgers who are really friends.
snow report
pam w wrote:
If I come with my partner, can we just do 40 hours a week each, and share a bed? If we worked together all day, from 7 am to 11 pm, on Saturdays and Sundays, and did a few extra hours each during the week, or during holidays when your other workers are away, that would be our 80 hours, wouldn't it?

Good idea! I expect you'd have to share just 1 lift-pass though.
latest report
wigan, But that's ok? Toofy Grin
snow report
S'lider I assume you are including a lift-pass to facilitate the "free skiing"? Toofy Grin
snow report
Mircosoft????? ( Mike Rosoft)

Fail!!!!
ski holidays
quadwould wrote:
Mircosoft????? ( Mike Rosoft)

Fail!!!!

Oh Dear rolling eyes
Yep there is a fail here......but not the OP Laughing
snow report
Chattonmill, Plus one.
snow report
Will we have to teach other friends how to use an industrial sewing machine as part of the deal? After all having a customer find a finger stitched into a romper-suit is no fun for anyone.
snow report
I'm sorry, but this sounds like exploitation. What about the minimum wage? And don't you have to have a licence to be left alone with a sewing machine?
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:
I'm sorry, but this sounds like exploitation. What about the minimum wage?

Its not a job offer is it, it is a barter system , where a group of friends can go and ski for 52.4% ( by time) for FREE.

In return you help on a machine for a few hours, fair enough.

Can we sign on by post as well? as we will be "unemployed"

Do we need insurance? mine ovnly covers 21 days in a row.

What about transfers?

S'lider seems to have left a few details out, its a shame he does not have some previous friends to vouch for him.
snow report
James the Last wrote:
I'm sorry, but this sounds like exploitation. What about the minimum wage? And don't you have to have a licence to be left alone with a sewing machine?

Of course this is nonsense, casual sweatshop work between friends happens all the time, just like everywhere else.
Its just the usual deliberate diversions that this thread has traditionally attracted, designed to spread fear and or uncertainty, for reasons best known to the authors.

It is just the nature of snowheads, and the community puts up with it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
James the Last wrote:

Exploitation? Don't be daft James. Do try to remember that:

nixmap wrote:

Peoples definition of what constitutes a good balance between how many things you would prefer to do and how many things would prefer not to do, are different.

There are probably many people interned in Kaechon who would jump at the chance to swap their lifestyle for this.
latest report
Very Happy
snow report
I don't know why S'lider is being given such a hard time. If my partner and I work the hours I describe above, we would normally get £8 an hour for machine work, and that that would only make us £2500 a month. Swapping 80 hours labour for a bed in a nice cosy dorm sounds a spiffing deal to me, compared to renting a place of our own. I'd be only too pleased to take up the offer but unfortunately I have to baby sit my grandchildren.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
I don't know why S'lider is being given such a hard time. If my partner and I work the hours I describe above, we would normally get £8 an hour for machine work, and that that would only make us £2500 a month. Swapping 80 hours labour for a bed in a nice cosy dorm sounds a spiffing deal to me, compared to renting a place of our own. I'd be only too pleased to take up the offer but unfortunately I have to baby sit my grandchildren.

Couldn't you not just bring the grandchildren with you, I saw a documentary about the rag trade recently and it looked like they would fit in really well as children seemed to make excellent machinists or clothes dyers.
latest report
pam w, bring the grandkids along! It's only an arrangement among friends so you don't need to worry about them being too young to legally do anything. I imagine nimble little fingers could be really useful for all that fun hobby sewing.
latest report
Ah, anarchicsaltire, got there before me wink
snow report
anarchicsaltire, wigan, why didn't I think of that? They're not much use at the moment, to be honest.
snow conditions
YAWN
snow report
S'lider
I have a friend who hates the snow but loves hiking in the mountains in the summer.
Do you have a similar job oppurtunity for the summer season?
ski holidays
boredsurfin, o come on, give him a break. Some people want everything!
latest report
S'lider,
You seem awfully even tempered given the snide remarks other people have made about you. At what point are you going to lose your sens of humour and take offense at the unrasonable people on this forum? wink
ski holidays
Chamcham wrote:
S'lider,
You seem awfully even tempered given the snide remarks other people have made about you. At what point are you going to lose your sens of humour and take offense at the unrasonable people on this forum? wink

Honestly, Im astounded about how much controversy this has created.
After all an offer for free season in the Swiss Alps, in return for hundreds of hours working in a sweatshop, would welcomed in a forum like this.

Luckily, most applicants have seen through the nonsense.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy