Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Bike hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to do a day or so in L2A next month. How much is hire, I can't find anything on line? It won't need to be anything very special, cheaper end of the market.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://campdbase.over-blog.com/article-10492700.html

Google 'location VTT Les Deux Alpes' for more of the same.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Lizzard, not cheap are they.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, Shocked Must be something cheaper than that , this is the place we've rented from in Serre Che in the past as a comparison. http://www.velonature.com/centre-vtt-serre-chevalier-locations.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, Thanks, that's a bit more reasonable. I'll take a look around when I get there I think, at least I know the range I'm looking at now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B,

Be aware that the brakes are likely to be the opposite way round to a UK bike (e.g. right brake lever operates rear and not front brake)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From our experience of MTB hire in Tignes & Chamonix, it would seem that the high end of the price scale always seems to be for full-on downhill bikes with 9" travel forks etc. These are not only unnecessary for cross country biking but also too heavy to pedal uphill Skullie......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B,

Got back from LDA a couple of weeks ago. I didn't actually go for a mountain bike, I got one of these little Trotti things which is basically an all-terrain scooter with suspension, just on the last day with my leftover money after glacier skiing. Great fun, and the lift system is very impressive for the summer, sure you'll have a great time.

I have nowhere to compare it to, but a popular hire place seemed to be Sport Emotion (Skimium branch) near the Mont de Lans end of the resort, about 200m in from the tourist info in the roundabout (I got my skis from there too). The guys were friendly, spoke good English and it seemed quite reasonable, although I can't remember how much it was for the bikes. The scooter was 19 euro for the afternoon. They provided the body-armour-style suit and helmet inclusive in the price for me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's loads of shops in L2A. I've just checked and the tourist office site has a bit of a list:

http://www.les2alpes.com/en/ete/mountain-bike/mtb-shops.html

I'd allow at least 40 euros a day, though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, if you're not heavily into MTB in the UK, you might want to think a little before grabbing the first and cheapest bike you can hire. If price is an issue, you're probably better getting a decent hardtail than a full-susser. If you're not planning to do huge drops or put down loads of power on scrabbly uphills, you probably won't miss rear suspension; that's what your knees are for. Similarly, don't worry about massively long travel in the forks unless you're planning to set a new downhill speed record. Especially yf you're planning to pedal uphill rather than use an uplift, it's better and cheaper to be light than to have an incredibly gnarly bike.

MTB is like skiing - 90% rider and 10% equipment. Even though poor riders always seem to blame their bikes!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy