Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing with teenagers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the joy of taking my daughter and son and daughter's friend (17, 15, 15) skiing to coincide with the school ski trip time (first week in feb). Kids are cool on reds and my son has affinities with 'trays' but the rest of us ski. Thought of austria since done france loads and did sella ronda in 2010. Any thoughts on where is best? Budget is an issue. Thanks snowHead [/url]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Simon - I have started a similar thread today, might want to piggy back it!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Somewhere in Ski Amade - perhaps Wagrain.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. I'll defo check out Wagrain - the short transfer really appeals
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simonmj66 wrote:
Thanks both. I'll defo check out Wagrain - the short transfer really appeals

Skiing in Wagrain is not a good idea during the week feb 4 to feb 11 2012 because there are school holidays in Eastern Austria. All ski areas in the salzburg mountains will be relatively busy with 1000s of school kids on the slopes.
I recommend to book in the Western part of austria
some suggestions for ski areas in the western part of tyrol and vorarlberg and not overrun by skiers from eastern austria, length of slopes 100 km
1) montafon silvretta nova (now lift linked with the neigbouring area) short transfer from zurich
2) gerlos or koenigsleiten (lots of ski in ski out accomodation with impressive new lifts in the last two yrs)
3) nauders (quiet)
4) damuels -mellau (lift linked since 2009)
5) vorderlanersbach eggalm (connected to ziller valley mayrhofen but quiet)

serfaus or fiss is not a good idea since kids 14 yrs and older have to pay adult lift ticket prices
m.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The week in question is the previous one. Does rhat make your advice diffferent
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Niederau is cheap and is a really friendly place with a loyal Brit following.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy