Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can the Ski Club of Great Britain compete with the Ski Club of Greece?

Poster: A snowHead
Please take a detailed look at this photo, fresh in from the Greek Ski Club:

http://www.snowclub.gr/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10009/normal_IMG_0051.jpg
Spot the skier called 'Arisk', whose parents clearly have a sense of humour. Behind him is 'Panios Banios', who probably ought to be following someone better than Arisk.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I doubt they can ever compete - you've been able to post a picture link off their site, and I haven't had to sell my soul to a soul-less bunch of ruthless business people to see it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That may be so, but you could drop me a fiver in the post.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Later in the day, the photographer catches up with Panios Banios again:

http://www.snowclub.gr/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10009/normal_IMG_0010.jpg

He clearly has it in for Panios. Why caption the poor man in such a glaring way?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought we'd have some comment on the ski performance of Arisk and Panios Banios.

Speaking for myself only, as a Ski Club of GB member I'm willing to compete against the Ski Club of Greece (over 50s)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Later in the day, the photographer catches up with Panios Banios again:

http://www.snowclub.gr/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10009/normal_IMG_0010.jpg

He clearly has it in for Panios. Why caption the poor man in such a glaring way?

Is that Evo and Pritt Stick to the right of the picture sporting their new head gear? Not sure who the third is - maybe their daughter Lip?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

Speaking for myself only, as a Ski Club of GB member

Ah! there are some members left !l wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
17,259 members at the last count (2004), plus additional family members - approximately another 50% on top of that figure. The gross figure usually quoted is around 27,000, but a Club rep recently quoted 31,000.

There may have been births, natural deaths and unnatural deaths since that figure of 17,259 was published. If there haven't been then something strange is going on. New members are also most welcome! The next figure will be published in the 2005 annual report, due out in the next couple of months.

Does anyone know the total membership of the Ski Club of Greece?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith wrote:
and unnatural deaths
Jack the Skier?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="David Goldsmith"]17,259 members at the last count (2004), plus additional family members - approximately another 50% on top of that figure. The gross figure usually quoted is around 27,000, but a Club rep recently quoted 31,000.[/quote]

11.1% increase? Bloody hell, they must be getting something right.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sorry, 14.8%
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tim Brown, it depends on who you believe!
17,259 + 50% = 25,888 to go from that to 27,000 is a 4.2% increase
to go from 25,888 to 31,000 would be a 19.7% increase.

Out of interest, where did you get 11.1% from?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If the level of interest in skiing is growing at that rate will someone please tell the BBC, that way we may get back to a decent level of coverage for all disciplines of our sport!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
(my last post was based on your first one, not the second)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just a couple of points: any membership figure other than the 'paying units' figure depends on the Club's knowledge of current family members and their ages. Adding 50% is a very rough convention.

The Ski Club's membership figure is not part of the audited accounts, and I don't know what date in the year the count is taken. This is important because the membership figure rises and falls through the year, due to recruitment patterns in the autumn and winter, and the varying times that direct debits expire or are cancelled.

Not sure if any of the above applies to the Ski Club of Greece.
ski holidays
Back to the subject of the thread; when are you arranging the competition, David? wink
ski holidays
Nick, as you know I've spent 3 weeks working intensively on this and have decided to arrange the competition when the Ski Club of Greece sends its next delegation to London. I'll keep you fully updated on this.
ski holidays
Hi folks and greetings from Greece. Just came across this forum and found this topic. If i remember well ( the pics aren't on line anymore) its all about the crash of Banios into Arisk shot by Makalu. Those 3 are skibuddies and members of the greek Snowlcub ( www.snowclub.gr ), and so am i , and have lots of fun on the slopes ( and as it seems we all too). I somehow missed the point of the upcoming competition but once you made the challenge i 'm more than glad to say ACCEPTED. Just give the details and i m sure we will find a way.
snow report
donmeli, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .

Unfortunately you are 2 months too late asDavid Goldsmith, has since left the forum. That is a shame, it would have been good for someone to have taken up his challenge.
snow report
THX for the welcoming RZ, the challenger has gone? huh thats bad timing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy