Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First timer going out for a season!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Guys,

First off not sure if this is the right place for this post, if not could somebody move it. I am looking at going out for a winter season this year but i do not really have any idea how i go about it so i thought i could maybe get some help. Im a 22 year old snowboarding male for the UK and i think i am going to be looking more at the bar work sort of thing. I have worked as a supervisor of a shop in the UK for three years now and i do not think i can handle another rainy dark winter of it!!!

I really do not have a clue how to start looking for jobs or what resort would be good for me etc so i am hoping you guys could help out. Is it best to try and get a job before i go over and if so how would i really go about doing that. I have been to a few websites but i don't have the faintest idea ha. Or would it be easier to just book a one way flight and try and get a job when i am out? I have a lot more to ask but i don't want to overload with questions. I am looking to stay in the EU by the way also, maybe to Canada/America/New Zealand etc at a later date if i like it.

Hope you guys can help and thanks in advance for checking this out

Mike
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mikeportlock, Greetings snowHead , The first place that springs to mind is http://www.natives.co.uk/ lots more info to be found on this site using the search forum function... some other snowHead wil be along later and give you more info / options to consider
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mikeportlock, errr .... you need to be a bit less gormless mate. You've already posted this on Natives, and appear not to have spotted the jobs page which is the site's very raison d'etre. They don't exactly make it difficult to find jobs or apply for them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard wrote:
mikeportlock, errr .... you need to be a bit less gormless mate. You've already posted this on Natives, and appear not to have spotted the jobs page which is the site's very raison d'etre. They don't exactly make it difficult to find jobs or apply for them.
Not really unreasonable to ask here too. What a welcome to SH!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Show up in town no later than early November with £500-1000 to cover your first month plus enough to cover your lift pass. Find job, find house, make friends. Any online housing ads will be for a tiny apartment at twice the price you should be paying and no good jobs get posted online. Half the fun is figuring things out on your own and making it happen.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Show up in town no later than early November with £500-1000 to cover your first month plus enough to cover your lift pass. Find job, find house, make friends. Any online housing ads will be for a tiny apartment at twice the price you should be paying and no good jobs get posted online. Half the fun is figuring things out on your own and making it happen.

mikeportlock,
Very good advice from Lornholio, U have only to find out where to go, France, Austria, Italy or Switzerland, Its more easy to find legal works in Europe than in US/Canada, But to work, thats will take time from skiing/snowboarding, try to work as hell at home, so U can be in mountain more,, I have make total 9 seasons in Europe an US, with work and without to work

Good Luck
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lornholio, 500€ won't cover a month's accommodation, let alone any other expense. When did you last do this, 1984? Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My rent was €360 in 09/10 and €450 in 10/11, all bills included, all real houses with living rooms and proper kitchens. Next year's is €430. Just got to know where to look.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dw832 wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
Not really unreasonable to ask here too. What a welcome to SH!

but at least he didn't criticize him for posting under Equipment Reviews/Questions
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah thanks for that comment. I posted that on the natives after this site because someone said about it. I was more after the idea of good places to go too and whats the best thing to do. Just tell me where you are going and i will go some place different cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mikeportlock, nice retort - you'll fit in well here!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy