Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning a 2 week holiday next year and are wondering what to do about Lift Passes.

There does not appear to be any reduction in price for the second week as far as I can tell. I have seen the "ski a la carte" card which looks interesting especially as it will be my wifes second time although I think 2 weeks would cost about the same as buying 2 week normal pass if you skied 13 days. Are there any other options people would suggest? I have been told you can by top ups that are only used if and when you use a lift, with diff lifts costing more units depending on where they go?

Thanks for the advice
Lee
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A season pass for the grand massif is half price if purchased before the opening of the ski season, we had 3 weeks skiing 2 seasons ago for about£1100 for a family of four on the back of this deal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiidy gonzalez, that's a ridiculous bargain. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year GM 1 week for a child was about E150, 2 weeks was E200, adult was E420, for a season, or there abouts, and think the prices were the same as the previous year (so I expect a hike this season). I calculated that we had to ski 13 days to get our money back, which we did as we went for three weeks (Sat-Fri skiing). Big advantage is that the season pass offers a number of complimentary tickets for neighbouring resorts which was great, but you'll need a car, and some discount vouchers for ski servicing and equipment at various shops.

Can order them online for collection at resort (we went via Les Carroz).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You also get bargain insurance for the season with a season pass at 29 euros, considering it would have cost just over 800 euros for taking my daughter off the mountain and treatment in les carroz after she got wiped out from behind it was money well spent.

Usual date for season pass offer to stop is Dec 13th to 15th ish. You get 3 tickets to use for day passes at different resorts in haute savoie, but only once at each resort, also a day in verbier.

Expect them to ask to take helmet hat off etc occasionally at the entrance to lifts, as your photo is on the season pass and it comes up on a screen, they do check.

If you have kids some weeks they do free kids pass if adult buys one if your staying in various accomodation. Xmas and easter i think.

The points pass only ever seems to be used by people just above beginner level, if your not going to use many lifts it makes sense
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree about the season pass - best value - if you order on-line they will send them by post to the UK - one less thing to worry about when you get to resort
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry to bump this up to the top again but I am still a bit unsure what would be the best option for my wife. It will be her second trip and therefore I am unsure that she would get the full use out of a 2 week pass. My initial thoughts were to go the points route to start with and then assuming she is doing ok buy a proper lift pass after a few days.

Being new to skiing she will not be charging about all day covering lots of runs but equally will not be wanting to spend too much time on the nursery slopes with the free lifts. I am hoping we will spend some time on some decent blues where she can improve in skill and feel at ease.

Where do you get the points cards from and at what point does it become cheaper and better to but a proper lift pass? I will probably buy a Season pass for myself as this is cheap as buying a 2 week pass.

Many thanks
Lee
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lee - the usual procedure for beginners in Flaine is 1) use the green runs & free lifts, 2) use a points card & gain confidence on the Petit Balacha (2 points per run) or the Telesiege des Gerats (also 2 points per run) 3) progress to the Grand Balacha (6 points per run) 4) finally move onto the Telesiege des Verds (10 points), Telecabine de l'Aup de Veran (12 points) or Telepherique des Grandes Platieres (16 points)

Note the points cards are only valid for these lifts

I don't have the prices for this year but in Winter 09/10, 12 points cost 10 Euros, 20 points 15 Euros, 40 points 28 Euros, 60 points 41.50 Euros, 80 points 55 Euros.

A Flaine day pass was 34 Euros

You can do the maths but the tipping point seems to be when you go over 40 points per day.

By the way, you can buy the points card at any of the three ticket offices in Flaine - two in Forum by the main lifts and one in Foret by the Grands Vans
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LDM, Have a look at this: http://www.skialacarte.fr/en - this given a discount of the standard rates but you need to buy the card. Easy to read through.

You are on the cusp: I'm Samoens based so look at pricing on a GM basis which includes Flaine as depending upon vizibility, wind snow etc I may vary either my starting point or my main destination for the day. I usually work out in profit on my 12/13th day. If you're Flaine based and decide to stick within it's ski boundaries -including the Grand Vernant over the hill and down to Vernant on the corner. You can buy passes for 2 x weekend days plus a weekday which are valid for Flaine or the Massif which is the Grand-Massif excluding Flaine for around 63€ or so which is usually around 2 full priced days or less, so quite a bargain. There is also Flaine "app" on itunes/iphone which may help.

As carroz, says the insurance, especially for the seasons is a bargain as it includes a pass refund if injured and claimed within a few days of the injury (5 from memory)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks that was the sort of info I wanted.

Cheers
Lee
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jivebaby, I didn't know about that refund thing but then never received any insurance documents with my pass. Are the T&C's available online?.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy