Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Air Ski Carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody booked flights with them recently and are they still doing free ski carriage?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was wondering that myself. Might have a look at Lufthansa too.

Pixie nibbling at December, said he in a cryptic sort of way...

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes and Yes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, flew out to GVA with Swiss a few days ago. Free ski carriage (which includes a boot bag) is included.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, As others have said: Yes.

On some Swiss routes, they actually use BMI planes (which gets a little confusing) - but as I found out last year, long is it's booked through Swiss (and it's an LX flight number) the free ski carriage seems to still apply.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
abj, no "seems" about it; it does apply
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all it looks like it may be Swiss Air in December Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish wrote:
Pixie nibbling at December, said he in a cryptic sort of way...
snowHead

Is that legal? Shocked wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is the free carriage still the case; their website seems to have a couple of contradicting articles!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mitchell wrote:
Is the free carriage still the case;
Yes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mitchell, the most recent discussion is here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92177&highlight=swiss+carriage&start=40

asrob@rar says, YES.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only thing I can add to this is that when I booked my flights with them recently, that although the ski and boot carriage is free they asked me to specifically make a reservation for the ski equipment
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Posidrive, yep they will need to know how many ski bags if you are travelling on a smaller aircraft as some of those have very little space for long ski bags
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Posidrive, no indication of that on the website, as far as I can see. Lufthansa do ask for a reservation....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Posidrive, no indication of that on the website, as far as I can see. Lufthansa do ask for a reservation....

The website doesn't mention the need to reserve the ski equipment, but when I received the confirmation eMail for my booking there was not any mention of free ski equipment so I contacted customer services to confirm that it was free. Their reply did confirm that it was free but they also asked for my flght number so that they could reserve the ski equipment. Better safe than sorry.
ski holidays
Posidrive, OK, never reserved on Swiss before and never had problem on a flight with very many pairs of skis indeed on board
ski holidays
Yes, I looked for some reference to say I was carryin skis but there was none so I assumed they don't need it as they are so clear in their website that "of course" we carry your ski gear for free.
snow report
Posidrive, I tried to register with their service dept. that I am taking skis - they told me it was not necessary.
ski holidays
Lechbob, you can hear the conversation...

Customer: "on the confirmation eMail for my booking there was not any mention of free ski equipment so I am contacting customer services to confirm that it is free"

Swiss: "Yes sir, it is free"

Customer: "How do I know there will be room"

Swiss: "Give me your flight number and I'll <ahem> reserve it for you"

Posidrive, only joking wink
latest report
Last year I was pretty much the first to walk into LHR on the first day of the ski season proper and drop 3 bags - the bag drop lady looked in askance at me and had to get confirmation that my boots and poles were ok as that was ski equipment

I look forward to repeating this experience with Lindsagain this year - no I wont be dropping her off but hopefully we're checking in for more or less the same flight...
latest report
Never called in advance - always dropped bags, boards and boots with no problem. ski carriage is all well and good but the day they stop serving that little after dinner chocolate I AM OFF!
snow conditions
After seeing what BA wanted to charge for ski carriage both ways I think that I got a bit over excited by Swiss Air. Smile
ski holidays
Does anyone know if you need to provide passport info in advance as you do for easyjet & others for the Advance Passenger Information scheme ?

There is no link from the ticket email other than USA specific stuff.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., Don't think Switzerland care
latest report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
AndAnotherThing.., Don't think Switzerland care

It does all seem very relaxed. The flight is either going to be a nice contrast to the usual budget\charter airline experience or a nightmare. Fingers crossed for the former Toofy Grin
latest report
A few years ago 4 of us booked to go BHX - Zurich with Swiss Air. When we got to the plane it was a real old banger that S/A had rented. Can't remember which company, but it had propellors and was ancient. We had a terrible flight and a day later we were all feeling ill. When you book Swissair you expect good quality not something out of Biggles. Never been with them again.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., yes you do https://booking.swiss.com/web/api.htm?page=API,

xscreamer, your missing out on the chocolate , never mind the free ski carriage Toofy Grin
latest report
radar, Cheers - that link seems down but as you say it looks like you do need to do the advanced passenger info, and you add it my clicking on the edit bookings link on the confirmation email. Why there's not a link in the section talking about the API info, I've no idea. Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy