Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la tania Jan 2012

Poster: A snowHead
i love Courchevel but cannot really afford to stay in 1850 like before. someone has suggested the above resort, whats it like? and can anyone recommend accommodation there, budget around 600 per person self catering.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
phillip33, all you could need and more here : http://www.latania.co.uk/

In summary, small quiet village, quick access to Courchevel and Meribel, north facing so keeps the snow well, can usually ski back to resort Dec -> April
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
phillip33, La Tania is a great base for The 3 Valleys, with excellent links to the rest of the Courchevel Valley (1850 in 2 lifts) and Meribel (2 lifts too). As kitenski says, the snow cover is pretty reliable and even in the poor snow season just gone, the very good grooming meant most runs were open most of the time. You can ski back into the village on blue/green or red pistes, and most accommodation is easily reached from there. Prices of accommodation, food, drink are lower than other parts of 3V and certainly lower than 1850! Not a wild party town, but a couple of lively bars with live music, happy hours, decent bar meals etc. There are nursery slopes with travelators in the centre, so all very convenient for any beginners or children. Drop me a PM if you need more Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
phillip33, Have you thought about Morzine? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Phillip33, La Tania is great. It does everything that Courch does just cheaper.

It's perfectly located between teh Courch & Meribel valleys with access from 2 lifts so easy for either. It's got a great buzz about it with a few really good bars.

It also has snow-making all the way down to resort so no matter what the snow is like you will be able to ski back.

As Kitenski says, www.latania.co.uk is a brilliant resource and has loads of really useful information. I can't advise / comment on self-catering as have only stayed in a chalet & a hotel in La Tania. Lots of UK TOs use La Tania including some smaller ones. They can be found on the website.

You'll have a great time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
phillip33, Le Praz is worth looking at also. Good links into Three Valleys
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RUGBY PETER wrote:
phillip33, Le Praz is worth looking at also. Good links into Three Valleys

Slow gondolas out though and most accommodation is a walk from the lifts, whereas a lot of La Tania's is skiable to the lift
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
guys thanks for all the advice i think i will give it a go, lightningdan, re Morzine funny , was there in jan as you know ,and it was so bad cost me another ski trip 4 weeks later as you clearly remember !!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
good choice phillip33. When we go back to the 3Vs, we will stay there. The skiing there is excellent, I actually enjoyed skiing La Tania more than any other part of the whole area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Tania is excellent - look at Nickski chalet on the La Tania website. Just avoid eating in Courchevel 1850!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
has anyone stayed at titania ski chalet in la tania
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
phillip33, How many of you going? adults? kids? driving? £600 S/C gives lots of options. I know you like a beer in the evening but do you go for quiet or lively? I have used PV Vacance in Motteret, which was good for the access to all the valleys but a bit quiet at night, although a free bus down to Merihell runs every 30 minutes or so. You mind also find that £600 will do you catered. NehNeh
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lightningdan, your a bl%%dy stalker !!!! "like a drink"
ive found this chalet TITANIA on the lataniaskichalets.co.uk 469 fully catered for 7 nights departs 2nd jan sound to good to be true. re quiet / livey , being a mouthy estate agent its always lively with me,and ive a few roudy friends coming along too.

anyway anything more you know about me,as i,m already looking over my shoulder etc etc ...

thanks for your advice though

ps snowheads no booking this before me please Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
phillip33, Book it, seems a good deal (as long as there is snow)
I remembered some of your banter with a couple of snowheads , and you always seemed to be in a bar/ or "merry" ,good for you , no abuse off me.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just bear in mind La Tania is very heavily family oriented. So lively it isn't.

It has an exceptionally high concentration of small british businesses running family ski holidays with creche's, nannies etc. And for that purpose, and its proximitiy the rest of the Courch valley it's brilliant.

That said thares a couple of a bars and restaraunts in the village. Really depends on whats on - on nights the ski lodge has a live band or a theme night you'll have a cracking livelly night. Conversely I've been down the village other times on evenings in Jan and all the bars have been dead.

So if you are going and expecting to find massively lively Val D'Isere nights out or crazy austiran apres then this aint gonna be the place for you, as bar the odd night you're unlikely to find it without bussing/taxi'ing elsewhere.

Really depends on how lively you want... I'd say in the grand scheme of things it's pretty low key.
snow conditions
phillip33, i stayed in La tania 2 years ago and meribel village this year and i am looking to book la tania again for Jan 2012.

I found there to be enough bars and restaurants to keep us occupied in an evening and also there are the free buses running around the various courcheval areas.

Also found there are runs back down to the village for all competences which helps.

I am looking to stay either with le ski or alpine action who seem to offer catered chalets including travel and transfers for around 600-700.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
Based on my experience in March, I would definitely return to La Tania. The village is small, but has sufficient lively bars and good restaurants, whilst has great access into the 3V ski area.

Rather than booking a package now, I would book flights now to Geneva or Chambery (Chambery may be more expensive, but transfer likely to be £25-45 cheaper), then wait very late until booking accomodation - there are numerous independant chalet companies that offer late discounts off-peak, but do not provide flights. You can access them directly (rather than through booking agents) and see their offers are advertised on the latania.co.uk site already mentioned. All in, you could probably get a catered trip for about £600.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy