Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP: A-level product design ideas

Poster: A snowHead
I am currently trying to find a project to do for my A level design and wanted to do something ski related.
I thought I would post here and see if there was any product/ gadget which you think is missing, or something you think you would make skiing even more enjoyable and hassle free.

Thanks for your help,

Chris Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrismathias, Yep, a watch which clips or fixes on to the top of a ski pole, inevitably when I have done up my coat gloves etc someone asks what the time is. Obviously it needs to be knock proof water proof easily read and work across a wide temperature range.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, that's a really good idea - under patent http://books.google.com/patents/about?id=wtUzAAAAEBAJ
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, hmm that's a bit overengineered, the timing and stuff I use ski trax for Very Happy
I glued an old digital led watch to the top of my ski pole which was a great solution until it got so cold the led refused to work again Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pop-up reading specs in side my goggles for map reading or whatever. The problem would be making the assembly safe so as not to cause injury in the even of a fall.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tell you what, you are welcome to run with my idea, but in exchange you must send me 3 units of the finished product. I even have a manufacturer ready to run with it, but just don't have the time or inclination to organise this kind of thing and send them out for £5-£10 per unit profit, when the sales are likely to be max a couple of hundred units.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1783702

It is effectively a redesign of an existing product. I'd be happy to help you offline with what will work and what changes need to be made before release and manufacture if it helps you to make it happen. If nothing else I've posted it on the internet so I can't go and patent it now, can I Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
over sized and shaped skis to allow people to ski in powder and off piste when their technique is sadly lacking........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chrismathias, there are various gizmos to help very little kids - things to hold their ski tips together, etc. I don't think any of them is brilliant - you might look at what's available, talk to parents about what's needed (people would be happy to contribute to that on SHs) and see whether you could come up with a better product, to get kids out on the snow and enjoying themselves safely.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monium, somehow I'd missed that before. Nice one.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rear view "wing" (shoulder) mirrors. Maybe helmet mirrors for the enlightened.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BCjohnny, why not add some indicators and brake lights whilst your'e at it Toofy Grin

(edit = plus rant)....

There are far too many skiers who can't actually focus or appreciate the dangers that are in front of them......
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, what about this one? http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4082302.pdf
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How about some kind of morning after pill that get's all the alcohol out of your body, and associated effects, wthin say fifteen minutes of taking it.

Obviously has a wider market than just snowsports.

flangesax, Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, That's more like it Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski lock with an alarm in.
snow report
Airline scales jammer.
snow conditions
I met a chap from The Netherlands in St Anton who had adapted his ski poles so that they were effectively flasks filled with Schnapps. Crazy Dutch.
I thought that this was the best, most useful and original idea I had seen for a while and thought about designing some myself. Google then informed me that there are plenty of manufacturers who actually make them. I plan to bus a set for next season - only £45
http://www.sandownactivesports.com/shop.php/ski-poles/komperdell-schnapps-flask-ski-pole/p_883.html
ski holidays
Have you contacted the inventor of Avalance Poodles? They might be interested in a licencing deal. Have a search on here, you'll find them.
snow report
chrismathias, something that hooks onto all the clips on kids ski boots and holds the tongue of the boot as far forward as possible to help smaller kids get their boots on.

A bag that takes a few sets of kids mini skis (say about <110cm) and allows a single parent to carry these skis as they also stagger along with their own set on their shoulder.

How about an audible beacon that goes off near an adults ear when a small child strays more than a certain distance away on the hill?
ski holidays
Peter_K, I have a pair called cold poles from canada only prob is they are heavy when filled 200 ml in each and when one is empty they feel really bad.
ski holidays
A way of extracting, lighting and smoking a fag without taking your gloves off.
latest report
Salopettes with built in back bottom sweat removal system
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy