Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What next?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I consider myself to be an advanced beginner, back in January I coped with reds in 3V and PdS without too much trouble even though there was more ice than I'd experienced before.
I ski on a pair of Atomic FR 165s that I've used for about 15 snow days (I understand that's a model made for Decathlon) which I feel comfortable with and they seem to suit my way of skiing being reasonable unfit, 80kg and staying on piste.
What should I should I look for as my next skis, what difference(s) would I see over the FRs after a service?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would get a bit of mileage on your current skis before you think about a new pair. By the time you need a new pair, you will know what kind you need.

Having said that, some people collect skis. I would suggest if you really must buy another pair, get a pair of blades. You can fit them in your suitcase and they are much easier to carry up hills. (also they are usually very cheap)

rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tafflondon, ignoring Bigtipper's comments about blades; what difference are you looking for? 15 days isn't long out of a pair of skis so there must be a reason why you want to change.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In hindsight my question should have been "Should I change my skis?" and the answer seems to be "Not yet"

Thanks for the advice
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When you wax and sharpen the edges of your skis, they tend to glide faster and grip the ice better. If there are any large gouges then get them serviced, or do it yourself. Otherwise, just keep using them until the edges are really blunt and the wax has all gone. You will notice the difference after a service then!

You might want someone to have a look at the bindings to make sure they are operating as they should be. Also to check that the DIN setting is right for you improving experience, height, and weight.

Remember that people used to ski on planks of wood!

rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tafflondon,
If you get a new pair that are too advanced for you, your skiing may well go backward, I know I have done it, then went back. If you are comfortable on your current pair keep them, then if such a time comes that you think you may want to advance, then hire a pair of demo skis when on holiday for the day.

There is alot of "Willy Waving" on here about fat skis, long skis, rocker skis blah blah blah. If you are capable of skiing on this sort of stuff you wouldn't need to ask. Just ski what you are comfortable on. Just don't followBigtipper, 's advice re blades.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You'd probably get a better return on your money if you spent it on lessons with a good ski instructor rather than buying a different pair of skis.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
You'd probably get a better return on your money if you spent it on lessons with a good ski instructor rather than buying a different pair of skis.

Seconded. Do you know any, Rob? Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt, Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Seconded. Do you know any, Rob? Laughing Laughing

I've met one or two. Not quite as rare as hen's teeth, but almost...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy