Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slovenia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to take my boys skiing ( aged 6 and 10) for the first time next year , money is tight so looking at Slovenia at the moment I can get Half board at lake Bled for same price as Slovenian self catering, but what's Lake Bled like, its small and picturesque what's the skiing like and is it too far away for afternoon trips etc, not particularly bothered about night-life but things to do in the afternoon etc since I dont ski.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads TAFFYPOT, snowHead

I assume you mean Slovenia rather than Solvenia so I edited your topic title.
... or was it clever word-play regarding the problem you needed solving? Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TAFFYPOT, I understand that you are looking for nice price resort, but bled is not realy a resort for alpine skiing, http://www.bled.si/en/default.asp?id=512
I think you can take a look for Bansko in Bulgaria, or Kosovo, http://www.brezovica-ski.com/ or Macedonia, http://www.skimavrovo.com/alpine-sking.html
There is also possible to have cheap skiing in france for small money, there is other resorts than Tignes, Val Thorens etc,,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TAFFYPOT, Lake Bled is lovely if you are president of Yugoslavia and want a summer house, but as noted above, it's not a ski area, nor especially near to them. If you also want to visit Ljubljana it's handily half way between IIRC, otherwise, make a new plan.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It depends what you mean by Lake Bled! Is the accommodation in the town of Bled itself or further up the valley somewhere like Bohinj where there is substantially more skiing available. Sometimes these places are just marketed by a name people recognise and are not meant to be taken literally.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Bohinj or Vogel. Bled will be a good base for various resorts if you have a car (Austria is just through the Karawanken tunnel).

PSG
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bled isn't that far from Vogel, I think the UK tour operators market it as a ski resort and bus everyone to Vogel. I've been skiing at Vogel twice but stayed at Bohinj. Bled is very picturesque, has a small centre with shops, bars etc and I would imagine would have plenty to keep a family amused for a week. If you ski at Vogel it is very small, it could all be skied in a couple of hours, however I think it would be great for kids to learn to ski for that very reason. It has a small park with nicely tended jumps and rails and the red run down to the very bottom is a pretty decent length. I had instruction there and it was pretty decent and the rental was good as well. I hired nice Elan race skis and tried a couple of "next years" skis they had in as demo. Kobla is also very near but is even smaller and Krvavec is about 1hr away as is Kranjska Gora. The first time I went to Bohinj was 2007/8 when they were was hardly any snow in Europe for much of the season and we managed to get a full weeks skiing by chasing round Kobla, Vogel, Kranskja Gora and Krvavec.....

of course it snowed 1m overnight on our last night there Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What sort of budget do you have and when do you wish to go?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
freeheelskier wrote:
TAFFYPOT, I understand that you are looking for nice price resort, but bled is not realy a resort for alpine skiing, http://www.bled.si/en/default.asp?id=512
I think you can take a look for Bansko in Bulgaria, or Kosovo, http://www.brezovica-ski.com/ or Macedonia, http://www.skimavrovo.com/alpine-sking.html
There is also possible to have cheap skiing in france for small money, there is other resorts than Tignes, Val Thorens etc,,

Would NOT recommend Brezovica or Mavrovo for first ski holiday and for someone who doesn't ski.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
freeheelskier wrote:

Second this.

Take a look at the Maurienne valley: cheap and cheerful!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow, Thanks,, I will read all next time, I was not see that only the kids was skiing Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy