Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Venice to/from Alta Badia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for current advice of transfer options from Venice to San Martino, which is near the Kronplatz area of the Dolomites.

2 of us arriving Sunday 12th Feb 2012 about midday and needing be back a week later around the same time.

Have any snowHead s used a transfer service ( either public or private ) that they would recommend?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did for Selva! Cant remember the taxi firm we used but if only two of you it may be cheaper to hire a car!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CP, I found this from the resort website :-

http://www.sanmartino.com/w/en/ski-area/getting-here/airplanetransferrent-a-car-p235.html

There is a PDF timetable and if you click on the link on the left hand side, you can make a booking, and it's only € 29 return. It looks very similar to the arrangement that we used to get to the Birthday Bash last year. i.e It's subsidised by the resort hotels etc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geepee, Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CP,
From our website (on the "Other" tab) go to Self Drive then click the Bus Link
These will get you there.

Next year's timetable isn't out yet - but no worries this is a big bus Co and they will put the TT up around July/Aug
If you have problem, give them a call. If you just start talking english they will transfer to the an english speaking opp
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne,

Good find, I had been searching for transfers to Canazei for a trip next March. I could not find anything, this is not even on the Dolomiti superski or Val Di Fassa home page. I had resigned myself to the cost of hiring a car and the chore of driving.

2 of us going 2 x €29, I doubt that would even cover the cost of fuel for the hire car.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geepee & Wayne, think you have given CP the information for the wrong resort. You gave details of how to get to San Martino Di Castrozza which is nowhere near Kronplatz. I'm sure CP is talking about the village of San Martino in Badia which is near to San Lorenzo & Brunico in Val Pusteria and just North West of the Kronplatz ski area.

www.sanmartin.it/

CP the following link has a route from Venice to Dobbiaco. From there you can get a train to San Lorenzo and then taxi to San Martino. Not ideal I know, however there may be better transfer options than this from Venice. You could check the Kronplatz web site to see if there is any more information on there. Personally I would fly to Innsbruck (if possible) as the transfer option by public transport would be much easier.

http://www.cortinaexpress.it/en/index.htm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've done Marco Polo to Selva. Hire a car, time it right and have a day in Venice as an added treat. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy