Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WaveFlex 82 XTi Lime Fusion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,
Still looking at replacements for the Atomic Blackeyes.
Anyone have experiance or an opinion on Elan WaveFlex 82 XTi Lime Fusion or Elan WaveFlex 78 Ti Red Fusion?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bob, what level of skier are you? I've been skiing the waveflex Magfire 78 Ti's which I think are the forerunners of the Red Fusions, but my opinion won't be worth much to you if you are miles more expert than me (currently intermediate, most reds and occasional v. easy short blacks). If you are an expert rob@rar might be able to help with an opinion I know he also skied a similar set (maybe the same Magfires as I own)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bob,I've also skied the Magfire 78 Ti's. Same set mentioned above. I found them a good all round ski. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them for an intermediate or better skier. Good on piste and excellent in powder. My main skis in comparison are Rossignol Radical RX oversize and they compare favourably against them.
They like to be 'skied' rather than carrying a passenger and are pretty good in dealing with heavier snow conditions such as the porridge we had in the afternoons in VT in April this year.
I've not skied the Blackeyes or the 82 Xti's so I cannot help with that comparison.
Good luck with your hunt.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bob, Have you worn your Blackeyes out?.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum / Fraserr?
Advanced level 8-9., about 20years under my belt. I prefer not to cruise, so a ski that likes to be skied is my preferance. Given the variety of conditions that I tend to ski on each year i'm looking for what ever I use to be pretty versatile. The Blackeyes are actually a really great ski, and I suspect difficult to improve upon. however I'm always willing to try something new. And if my hero Glen Plake rates Elan, thats a pretty good endorsement.

Basil
Yep they are getting tired now, These are actually my second pair. I got the curreent pair as a stop gap to last 2 weeks at the end of the 09/10 season, cos the edges on my origianal blackeyes were totally worn/over serviced. found them on Ebay holland for £100 (absolute steal), they had had ony 10 days use. I anyone is interstede I would recommend The blackeyes to any one looking foe a genuine all mountain ski. However for my next ski I want to move onto something as good, but not the same, If that makes any sense.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bob, OK, I expected that you were going to be a gazillion times better than me. FraserP, is probably closer to your standard, as he mentioned it's my set of Magfires that he has skied. However, despite our different standards you said something that resonates:

Quote:

I prefer not to cruise, so a ski that likes to be skied is my preferance

I found that my magfires found every hole there was in my skiing, unless I skied them with good technique they had no hesitation in dumping me on my backside the moment I stopped concentrating on them. I found you needed to be fairly determined with them, the term I came up with was that I felt that they 'took no prisoners'. It might be worth mentioning that I am...Ahem....not a petite lady Embarassed , I think you need to be a reasonable weight and build to get the best from them and I don't think a really lightly built woman would find them easy to flex. From my experience, and given your comment above I would expect that you can offer them what they need to really perform (one of these days I might be able to as well!), because on the odd occasions that I've got it right they seem to deliver some 'performance'. I guess if you got a chance to test a set of 78 Ti's or the 82 Ti's you could find out for certain, but I think mine are a little wasted on me until I get to your standard, which sounds more like what I think the skis need.

(N.B. FWIW mine are 168's, and I've skied everything from deep fluffy powder to very claggy spring slush - which they are very good on, to rock hard piste on them).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I guess the real question is will tey be fun?
I am really tempted by the Elans...
Still confussed, or undecided Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bob, I played 'chase me' with an instructor earlier on this year at the end of 4 hrs instruction and they really came into their own. Open turns, closed turns, C turns, short radius, long radius, they did the lot and to my amazement at some speed too, most fun skiing I've had I think, we even experimented with a few moguls!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy