Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few days in Queenstown

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year myself and a small group of mates decided on the idea of doing a back-to-back winter, the main reasoning being that we’d had an awesome season and didn’t want the party to end! So with that in mind we sorted out our visas, jobs, and booked the flights for New Zealand.

Fast forward six months and we were in Queenstown; living the life, and getting out shredding most days! The first thing that strikes you about New Zealand is the sheer beauty of the place. It hit me as soon as we started our descent at the tail end of our 22 hour flight… definitely a good way to lift the mood after such a long time in the air. The mountains, the lakes, the hills… everything about this place is just stunning!

Granted it took us a couple of days to acclimatise to the time difference, but if anything the jet lag gave us a bit of an advantage when it came to those first parties in Queenstown. Four in the morning felt like mid-afternoon, which was particularly handy when we were enjoying a few of the famous teapots (cocktails served in teapots!) in World Bar at 3am!

The next day we were in need of a serious food fix to help shake off the hangover, fortunately we were staying at a hostel where we’d met some nice guys. They pointed us in the direction of the famous Fergburger. We’d heard tales of this burger bar from friends who had been travelling in the past but it had always remained somewhat of a mythical place… and let me tell you, it really is the stuff of legends… I ate a burger the size of my own head!

…And it was delicious.

After our lunch had settled we decided that it would be best to unsettle it again… and what better way to do so than with a bungee jump. We headed over to Kawaru Bridge, standing at 43 metres high it’s fair to say that we were all a little worried! Nevertheless we strapped in and then it was time. 3…2…1… JUMP! The adrenaline rush was insane! Definitely well worth a try if you ever make it over there. After we’d stopped shaking from the buzz, it was time to head back to the hostel to prepare for our trip up the mountains the next day and of course to celebrate another awesome day in Queenstown!

Anyone heading out this season?! I can't wait!!!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-06-11 10:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowskool wrote:
living the life, and getting out shredding most days!

Anyone heading out this season?! I can't wait!!!

Nice try spambot! Where you shredding on your 1cm of base? http://www.nzski.com/cameras.jsp?site=coronetpeak
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, Exactly. We need to have a major change here before there is any shredding. But on the positive side the snow guns are all working again as it has finally cooled down.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarge McSarge, just a quick "hello stranger"
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott, Hi to you too. How do you know I am strange? Very Happy You will be hearing a bit more of when/if we actually get some snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Nice try spambot!

Sorry fatbob, that was a grammatical error on my part rolling eyes

I was out in Queenstown last season and heading over to Wanaka this year... Really hoping we get a bit more in time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy