Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Atomic offers

Poster: A snowHead
Am I the only one that keeps getting a forbidden on this server error?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, possibly best to take this up with Atomic, not sure the 11/12 offer is out yet

for the record as i have said to various people this season, i have no issue with instructors getting deals from manufacturers but please don't take the p!$$ and buy extra stuff to sell on e bay and here or to sell on to mates...it was noted that a few pairs of not yet released skis were up for sale at the start of last season, the only people they could have been from was an instructors deal

last year there was some silly deals form some companies, this year those who expect such crazy prices form some brands are going to be disappointed as they have changed the structure of their deals, there has been discussion from some that deals will be dependent on qualification (personally i think this is the way it should be, if you spend £10k getting to ISTD you deserve a better deal than having done a 2 day course to teach indoors or on a plastic slope)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM wrote:
i have no issue with instructors getting deals from manufacturers but please don't take the p!$$ and buy extra stuff to sell on e bay and here or to sell on to mates...it was noted that a few pairs of not yet released skis were up for sale at the start of last season, the only people they could have been from was an instructors deal

Agree with that, if only because the manufacturers might get the hump and pull the deals.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, exactly, why do you think some of them aren't as good this year....

at the end of the day there are a small number of instructors in the country and a smaller % take the p!$$ the suppliers have to protect their businesses by not upsettign the retailers too much or the retailers just stop selling their products and then no one can get it

there are 3 ski shops gone bust in the past 2 weeks, it is going to be a tough year and people are trying to protect their businesses
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, BASI just posted on news that their Atomic offers were open however the link seems to be inactive but then it may just be my technoplegic hence the post to ask if it was just me.

FWIW I was actually looking for some GS skis for myself not to flog on the interweb to make a couple of quid.

Some companies have already had this 'better deal for better qualification' in place, this is a little bit of a shame as i seem to destroy skis on plastic at a higher rate than i can pursuade my financial controler to release funds for replacements Smile

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 9-06-11 19:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kevindonkleywood, i'm not a basi member so i can't see it we just know what the deals are and what is on them generally so we can work with instructors on getting the setups done
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, Just out of interest which shops have ceased trading?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood, the link to the Atomic offer is working for me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar wrote:
kevindonkleywood, the link to the Atomic offer is working for me.

And for me
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
its my technical fat thumbs then rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Atomic deals this year seem pretty much the same as last year in terms of discounts, certainly no worse, so I can't see any sign the discounts have been cut back!

Anyway with regards the original question I think it's a long running issue but if you open the link up in a new window (rather than a new tab) it should work. Failing that open up the link in a different browser and you'll get in.

Hope that works for you Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think BASI try to make it clear that they will crack down on any members they are aware of who abuse the offers. Personally I don't know anyone who's ever done this. I think some of the manufacturers also limit the amount you can buy - there's only so many sets of skis one instructor needs.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, Thanks for that the new browser worked fine Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reference dodgy deals by instructors, all instructor details are now logged when purchasing to protect the honest guys whom appreciate the deals. GAME OVER.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cynic, been the case for a while i think hasn't it?
snow conditions
Yes was reiterating the fact about all manufacturers’ offers to protect our image (see above) and new skis for sale at the start of season not yet released? How did those nice pictures of them get in the brochures and magazines and what happened to them after the shoot? Not that I would besmirch the advertising industry either.

But an ISTD for 10K there I would like to strongly disagree 25K++ more like, each step we worked out some time ago 5K unless one is superhero not needing training, new kit, a job, travel costs, speed training, food, accommodation a gym and probably the need of a psychologist or psychiatrist if all doesn't go to plan.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy