Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can i travel (relatively easily) between Munich airport and Landeck on public transport??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
3 of us have booked flights into Munich for January and am looking at resort options.

These options depend on whether we need to hire a car or can get to resort via train/bus.

If there is no difference in cost I suppose we may as well get the car.

Ultimately Looking at St Anton/Ishgl areas so transport route is from airport via Landeck.

Any idea if it's do able, time or costs??

cheers all

Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bahn.de will tell you the times and costs. Having a quick look shows it taking around 4hrs, changing in Munich, Rosenheim and Innsbruck - and costing around €50 each way.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought I saw a Munich train when I stood waiting for my train back to Zurich from St Anton in February. Could have been mistaken though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quickest route is Munich Airport using the S-Bahn to the Ostbahnhof in Munich (use the S8 not the S1 as the S8 will get there quicker). Then catch a through train to Innsbruck. Change at Innsbruck for a local train to Landeck. The Innsbruck trains go via Garmisch and Mittenwald as well so you get a nice trip through rather than round the mountains. You will need at least 3 changes of trains which ever route you take.

No point going via Rosenheim, Kufstein/Wörgl - way longer and starts by going away from Landeck rather than towards it! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have been trying to get to various resorts via train and have always failed due to return flight being too early. latest resort was kappl (ischgl) using landeck train station. its a 10.45am flight which is not too bad BUT! going out is no prob as the train journey is 3.20hrs and we would get to resort in loads of time. trouble is for the return trip the timetables are s**t as the earliest train is 5am but it takes 4.50hrs which gets us in at 10am to airport at approx 45min before our flight!
we have to use this flight as its the only airport we can get to from our local airport (cork) would really love to do the transfer via train but it has never worked out over the years because of the poor morning schedule times for trains from various stations in austria. so if you can match your flight with the timetables then I would go for it.
can anyone figure out how we could manage it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
forgot to say. if you can up your group to more than 4 (i think) you can get the train tickets with 50% off. check out "group fare"
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
creedgearoid, we had a similar problem this year with Zurich transfer from St Anton. Instead we flew back on Sunday, skied all day Saturday got an evening train back and stayed in Zurich overnight before flying back the next day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, wish we had the option. sat and wens flights only for our airport. we could possibly go to munich on fri night but we lose a nights accom + paying extra in munich for same.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What Samerberg Sue said - particularly the S8/S1 bit. Easy to do, check www.oebb.at/en for details.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thats very kind of you all thanks
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Quickest route is Munich Airport using the S-Bahn to the Ostbahnhof in Munich (use the S8 not the S1 as the S8 will get there quicker). ... The Innsbruck trains go via Garmisch and Mittenwald as well so you get a nice trip through rather than round the mountains. ...

No point going via Rosenheim, Kufstein/Wörgl - way longer and starts by going away from Landeck rather than towards it! wink

I don't think you'll find an Innsbruck train from München Ost going via Garmisch, rather than Rosenheim. To catch the Garmisch-Innsbruck train you would have to go to the Hauptbahnhof first (though I wouldn't find the route via Rosenheim that bad, particularly if you can find a train without any changes, e.g. EC to Italy).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure about your budget, but have you considered using airport transfer? It is not cheap, but it solves a lot on inconvenience like having to haul you luggage across multiple platforms when changing at stations.

http://www.taxi-airport-transfers.com/ is one such site I have looked at. I have not personally used it, but my brother has before.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy