Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do with an old pair of skis

Poster: A snowHead
We are converting our loft so I am having an 'exciting' weekend clearing all the crap out of it Shocked . I have found my OH's old Atomic Betacarv 9-18's, what on earth do I do with them, I know they have no monetary value but it seems a shame to throw them on the skip.

What does everyone else do with their old skis?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skip
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Use them to make furniture.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Put 'em on e-bay at the begining of the season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I keep them in my garage. You never can tell when you might need them again.
Still got a pair of 207 Völkl P20s sitting there feeling lonely.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shotski
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
make great runners for a diy sledge Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Open a mountain hut and display them on the wall!

I'll get me coat... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anniegirl, ski them when the conditions are crap...otherwise I have used a few pairs of out old ones as patio art in my garden, they look great with a few geraniums dangling from them, remind me winter isn´t too far away Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Make a picket fence. For example here and here.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Retired my old x-wings into tramp skis. It is great fun in the summer:

http://youtube.com/v/RpUciC44kR4
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bet they would make a seat for the garden on a couple of supports - must surely be strong enough.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We use Snowbikes and have to wear short footskis, which are only 55 cms long. They cost £150 to buy new, and hire ones don't have release bindings and are usually never serviced, so I made my own from full length skis I found on ebay. Cut them to size, removed the bindings, put new ones on about 10 cms set back from the turned-up fronts, and they were a great success, and I had so much fun fitting the new bindings! I’m not the first to do this, so there will be others looking for very cheap or free skis. I was also told by Snow & Rock that they use old skis for their new techncians to practice on, so they might want them when the season kicks off.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly wrote:
shotski

Yep.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very useful for making the roof of an igloo more stable! Charity shops often have a lone pair of skis which nobody wants for sale! If you sell on ebay, you will more than likely sell them as "pick up" only. You will get all sorts asking if they can come and look at them before bidding. Find a local ski club, and donate it to them?
snow conditions
Bigtipper wrote:
You will get all sorts asking if they can come and look at them before bidding

Why is that an issue? I only chose people nearby and the people I contacted were more than happy for me to see them. It was important to me that they didn't have a wood core, the topsheet was flat and tip wide enough, and rather than trouble the seller with lots of questions, it was easier for both to go and see them. The two I went to see took cash on the spot and ended the auction! It was a win-win for both parties!
latest report
If anyone has a spare single ski (or an unwanted pair) I have a friend with one leg who's just taken up skiing, he stands with outriggers. As long as the bindings are adjustable and it's not ancient!
latest report
it is amazing what people will buy on ebay
latest report
I'm sure there was an article in Fall Line not so long ago about someone skiing down a spoil heap in the UK. You could always give that a go!! I guess you won't need to wax your skis for that! Toofy Grin
snow report
Stick a light fitting on the tips and flog them for £315! Shocked No really...

Spotted in Burford Garden Centre today;
snow report
andyph, Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
Some brilliant suggestions, and maybe my fortune to be made with interior lighting Very Happy , but I think they will end up on the pile for the charity shop, they might be able to get a couple of pounds for them Very Happy
ski holidays
Save them for Glenshee.
ski holidays
Hmm how about a wine rack ?

You don't need as many skis for those as you do for a chair
snow report
give them to a charity that runs skiing for the disabled (learning difficulties rather than physical) - they are desperate for kit - any kit
snow conditions
rayscoops, If anyone has details of such a charity I would be more than happy to donate them Very Happy
snow report
Anniegirl, http://www.disability-sport-wales.org/14369.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy