Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A ski boot question! Can i have your thoughts on these please!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Edited as i'm now sorted

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-05-11 16:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
emsie, a proper fitter will give you boots that fit your feet. this may or may not co-incide with your list - and a *good* fitter won't sell you something that they have in stock if it's not right, if they don;t have the right boot for your feet they will advise so. I wouldn't go in with ideas, just go in and see what they say. Who are you planning to go to see?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No it's not good to go in with those ideas - it's pointless. The bootfitter will TELL you what you need, boots come in shapes as well as sizes, there really is no need for you to do any research other than what it is the bootfitter should be doing (so you know you've got a good one).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
budget of £200

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 22-08-11 19:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emsie, ok, you're on a limited budget and have limited choice of "fitters". So, what do you think spending £200 on new boots will give you over your existing boots?

I use quotes around "fitter" as "knowing how to put someone's foot in an approximately sized boot" is not the same as having an intimate knowledge of how the foot interacts with boots. You might strike it lucky and get an experienced person who does indeed know what to look for - we got Mrs NBT's boots from Snow and Rock i Manchester and the guy there was very thorough. However, you might get the local saturday boy who will just see if your foot will fit in the boot.

Have you read the various threads on fitting in this section?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You're going about this the wrong way.

1, don't go to one of the factories (AKA EB/Slush and Rubble) - they do have some goodfitters but you also have a good chance of getting the Saturday boy. There were plenty of recommendations for you on the other thread.
2, the boots you need will cost what they will, don't get some just 'cos you can afford them - you will end up spending more in the long run trying to fix them, and then giving up and replacing them with something that actually fits you. I'm surprised you haven't learnt this by know, what with your old boots not fitting.

Seriously, save yourself the trouble, go to one of the recommended fitters, spend what needs to be spent (they won't rip you off) - or sell you something just 'cos it's within your budget, and get the job done properly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 22-08-11 19:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good decision wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
emsie, nothing to be sorry about - there's no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

Having said that, I've just had a look at your previous threads - you definitely need to save up and go visit a fitter. Check the "recommended bootfitters" thread, CEM would seem close to you in Bicester but Graham at Rivington Alpine might be as easy for you to reach
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Although you might find that one of those boots (on sale?) does fit you, so it could still be worth checking.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would have to echo the advice of others on here and say it is better to wait and then go to a good boot fitter. I went to CEM at solutions4feet in Bicester, and he spent a good while getting me the right boot. As it turns out, these were Salomon Idols, and I love them. They fit me so well - no more boot agony. I think I ended up paying less than £300 for boots, fitting and footbeds, but then I used up both birthday and xmas money to put towards it. In the long run, I think it is best to spend a litle more at the start, see a good boot fitter, and then your boots should be comfortable and last for ages! The fitter will let your feet chose the boot, and don't worry, they are not going to make you buy the most expensive boot in the shop either!

Can I just ask why you are considering getting new boots? Do you current boots hurt you/have become worn out/look old?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carettam, emsie had another thread running that explained all. I do wonder if she (?) might not come back.... Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy