Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer vehicles for more than 8?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doe anyone have a recommendation for a transfer service running vehicles which carry more than 8 passengers?

We have a definite group of 8, with a possible 9th person, from GVA to 3 Valleys next January, and whilst I've had a couple of good quotes for the 8 person group, if we DO go to 9, the cost rockets as the group is spread over two vehicles. We expect that the 9th person could tag onto a shared transfer if we can find one with similar timings, destinations etc., but that seems a bit indefinite. Any suggestions folks? TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Montana, Give snowHead Rebbecca a call at www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk I expect she can help. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing wrote:
Montana, Give snowHead Rebbecca a call at www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk I expect she can help. Very Happy

Ditto - We used them last year and they were spot on. snowHead She may even offer you a Snowhead discount is you ask nicely Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, Nightcap, thanks. I have already spoken to Rebecca and whilst their 8 person price is fine, adding a 9th (and so going into a 2nd vehicle) almost doubles the cost. I'm sure there will be ways around it, with the potential extra person taking a seat on a shared transfer, but that does seem to depend on availability at the time, which no-one can predict at this stage. I'll just have to push the 9th person to make a decision and go from there - thanks for the input Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Using the Snowheads magic Holiday Autos link:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49646#1169775

You could hire a VW Caravelle(or similar)Van 9 seater 4dr for £640 for a week. You might need to be a bit economical with your packing though!

Or, for that matter, a pair of Ford Mondeo(or similar)Intermediate Estate 4dr (which will give you 10 seats and bags of room) for just £566.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 23-05-11 15:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis, Laughing There are 4 women in the group so no chance there! Thanks for the thought though wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montana wrote:
altis, Laughing There are 4 women in the group so no chance there! Thanks for the thought though wink

Couldn't you just take out the additional all-inclusive insurance or let the men drive? Toofy Grin

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/4/21/1303345322819/Man-arrested-after-car-pl-007.jpg
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was actually referring to the necessity of packing light ...... but now you mention it Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
why not all go on the shared transfer?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The largest vehicle carries 8 - if there ARE 8 of us that's fine and the price is good, but if the 9th person comes (and it does seem that 8 is the maximum with most transfer companies) we have to take two vehicles, and the price doubles. Another transfer company - also with 8 person buses - has suggested they can probably fill the 2nd one, so the pp price will come down. The problem is we won't know if it HAS been filled until closer to the time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Montana,

Due to driving license restrictions, 99% of the English transfer companies working the the alpes use 8 seater minibuses so you'll struggle to find anything else. If you are happy with a French company it might be worth looking at Lloyet or Berard who do larger minibuses and small coaches.

Alternatively it might be worth booking the shared transfer for 8 and then letting the 9th person sort themselves out if they are unsure at the moment? There are shared public bus transfers from GVA to the 3 valleys bookable on www.altibus.com (click the uk flags).

Happy planning!

Heather
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi
I was having this problem last year, although I was going to a different resort from a different airport so cannot comment on prices, but two companies seemed to consistently provide sensible quotes for larger groups. These were skiholidayextras.com and diy-taxis.com

From GVA to 3V, I would imagine that there will be large shared coach transfers available, such as Bens buses (bensbus.co.uk)? I think prices are about 70€ pp? Also, check out Geneva airport website, as they might list useful ski transfers?

Also see previous thread on this: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1024
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy