Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breckenridge/ Keystone Kids Ski Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody out there know where I can get 1/2 day ski lessons in Breck or Keystone for kids?

(All the official ski schools are full days which the kids don't like....and we quite like skiing with our kids now and again!)

Plus....we can't afford private lessons all week. Any ideas?

Help!!

Pete
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
peteski247, Nope, We visited breckenridge over easter for the first time and found no sign of other ski schools, we intially had the same concerns. Its got to be said though the level of teaching and feedback was amazing. we also did'nt know before arriving that the ski school price INCLUDES the lift pass for the day so if you buy a weeks pass you get a refund for the days that the kids ski with the school this makes it cheaper. Most kids will enjoy lessons in the US enough to want to do it all day IMO and we did three full days at SS then the rest was skiing with us.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Frosty for the confirmation and info.

We've been to Breck a few times and the kids (aged between 4 & 7) weren't happen at Ski School. The big issue seemed to be the lunch times (lots of screaming/ crying kids) and they simply didn't want full days. 1/2 day lessons are fairly normal in Europe, but seem to be non existent in North America - not sure why.

Maybe now our kids are a little older they might be up for it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
peteski247, okay...we went at Easter and there was no one else there. It was our first time and we left thinking it was like that all the time. Very Happy Although the down town was less cutesy we went to Winter Park the second week which I can highly recommend, my kids preffered the slopes, off piste and ski school (although we had no issues with Breck they clicked better with the teacher second week). Both ski schools were fairly expensive/similar price.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
peteski247, does Fastman teach in Breck? might be worth PMing him anyway
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Newbie here...

We're going to Breck in January and as my kids will be skiing for the first time I was also worried about the whole/half day thing. We found out that A Basin does half day lessons, so we plan to ski there for the first three days until they get their bearings, so to speak. After that we'll probably do a mixture of full day and private at Breck.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
peteski247, why not meet your kids for lunch if lunch is the issue?

We had similiar concerns when skiing in Austria, they also only do full days. The options seemed to be, take them out at lunchtime, but still pay for a full day, or do 3 x full days in ski school and 3 x full days skiing with us.

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
peteski247, does Fastman teach in Breck? might be worth PMing him anyway

I did a race camp with him there in January (which I think he plans to do again for all levels), but we had to hire a couple of the Breck instructors as VR doesn't permit outside instructors. A very enjoyable weekend overall!

Pretty sure I saw a half day option at Keystone last year, but not sure about Breck. Usually the half and full day price are so close, that it might make sense to book a full day followed by a day with the kids?? A buddy's son really like the simi-private (Ultimate 4) he did at Vail and Breck offers this as well.

Check out http://www.breckenridge.com/ski-and-ride-school/child-lessons/childrens-lessons.aspx for details.

If you haven't booked lodging yet, check out http://www.skilodgingrental.com/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski schools in the U.S. are run by the resort. There aren't competing ski schools that are independent of the resort. We have a couple of friends who are PSIA level 3 instructors and we'll sometimes go skiing with them at places that are not the resort at which they teach. They're very careful about only wearing their ski school jackets when officially teaching, etc. They'll give us tips and we'll buy them dinner but we're out as friends. I do think some resorts offer half day lessons, 2 hour group lessons, etc. One comment on A-Basin. I've only skied there one day and really enjoyed it. It's really high with a base elevation of 10,500 feet or perhaps a bit higher. Much of the terrain is very exposed. Great place on a bluebird day but I think it could be a real bear on a cold, windy day when visibility is limited. Breck and Keystone have much more tree lined runs that offer some protection visibility cues when visibility is restricted.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy