Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are SE/CR inspection trips to ski resorts 'inducements'?

Poster: A snowHead
So ... is this an inducement, especially if taken up a few years on the trot to the same resort etc ?

Quote:
These special weeks are an opportunity for teachers and their families and/or friends to be able to enjoy a week of skiing without the responsibility of looking after young people. It is also a great opportunity for us to have the pleasure of meeting you in a relaxed and informal ski setting, and a chance for us to introduce you, perhaps, to some of the greatest ski resorts in the world. It is also a chance to welcome back some of our old friends who have been skiing with us for many years. We do not attempt in these weeks to take you to any unrealistic locations. We invite you to come to the same pensions or hotels where we will be welcoming the groups in other weeks ... where there is a party in excess of 90, the Party Leader is offered the possibility to come on one of our heli-skiing preview weeks, subject to certain conditions, which we will be happy to notify you of in this situation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, is there any point in running two threads? This matter is already part of the wider discussion in the other thread. It's up to sHs generally, but I think that splitting the discussion will be confusing.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 20-05-11 9:01; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

tha spitting the discussion will be confusing

i lad, i'm right confused now Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sunnbuel, Laughing edited Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles,
Quote:

is there any pint
It's probably a bit early. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, nah. It's just that I'm a bit senior. Toofy Grin . Edited. Again. Anything else? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ee lad, cant be right for being wrong Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles, yes, I would prefer to look at SE and whether its business has been built upon such inducements rather that tar every TO with the same brush, which IMV is unfair

Also this way hopefully the teacher huggers can answer yes or no, rather than rant about 'they are the norm ...Hundreds of thousands of kids benefit from trips away from school ... The value of residential experiences of any kind is well documented... how many of you put in hours unpaid voluntary work week in week... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles wrote:
rayscoops, is there any point in running two threads? This matter is already part of the wider discussion in the other thread. It's up to sHs generally, but I think that splitting the discussion will be confusing.

I hope you will use that reasoning when the 10 or so PSB / EOSB threads start running wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Might I respectfully suggest that this thread be allowed to sink, and the other thread be used?

For other people who like me might have missed the background, this topic originally cropped up on the Skiing Europe / Chris Reynard thread, from whence it was hived off into its own thread there:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76776&highlight=

There's probably no reason to have this separate thread as well.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt, no, it is a different issue, see my post above.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, in what way is it different? Genuine question, I haven't been following these threads
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt, because SE/CR seem to offer free holidays to teachers and family (perhpas not only teachers but anyone who procures group holidays) to book with them and with this respect one teacher has posted on the SE thread that CR had been offering trips to the Caribbean if teachers book a ski trip - which can not be described as an inspection trip. There is an argument that the business model operated by SE/CR has been bit of a pyramid, free trip inducements have underpinned this, and the pyramid has collapsed.

The other thread will end up being a teacher/ski trip bitch fest, whereas I believe a discussion specifically concerning the SE business model is pertinet to perhaps providing more exposure to the issues of SE and focus the debate because we all seem to agree that SE/CR should be paying back the parents/schools/teachers who have lost out.

edit - also the other thread is like asking 'are all coppers barstewards' - the answer of course is some are some are not

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 20-05-11 17:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I don't think "ordinary" inspection trips are particularly offensive and I can see valid reasons why they aren't just a jolly but Reynard's do seem to stray over into bribery territory - e.g. spouse and kids all expenses paid, and did I read somewhere that there was even the offer of a summer holiday if you booked and paid up early for next winter?
snow conditions
His trips are inducements to book, continue booking or put up with rubbish service.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy