Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone tried the bumps/carving/performance clinics run by Hemel Snow Centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... as the title says really.

I noticed on the website that they're running 2hr Carving clinics on a Sunday morning; Wednesday night bumps coaching; and 'performance' coaching once a month on a Sunday evening.

Has anyone had any experience of these lessons and if so, what you thought of them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do they have any proper bumps in place? I remember they once had short rollers on the right edge which I suppose might do if you were trying to turn on the crests rather than snaking down the troughs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball, I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe someone in the know will be along soon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
abj, I haven't been to the 2 hr clinics run by Hemel, but I would highly recommend those run by Inside Out Skiing at Hemel. There's a thread here about their clinics http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53025&start=1520
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, thanks for the recommendation - I've looked at this in the past but never taken the plunge.

I'd still be interested in the Hemel in-house stuff though, as the occasional 2hr lesson, might be better option for me (rather than a full day course).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abj, Being the Summer, Hemel is pretty quiet at present.

Sunday morning carving clinics are good, the slope will be in good condition and quiet.

Wednesday night bumps, I've done a few of these, the bumps are pre-formed by the piste basher the night before, but it takes further skiing for the bumps to develop and form properly. It's really dependant on how busy it's been during the day as to how good the bumps are at night. This Tuesday for instance, there'd been an endurance event all day on the slope, the bumps at night were great, as they'd been formed naturally by good skiers.

Sunday evening is a good session, I know the coach well and you'll get a quality session.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, Thanks for this feedback. I live near Hemel and have thought a few times about trying out these sessions. I will definitely give the Sunday sessions a go. I can never make Wed evenings, sadly.

Regarding ths Tuesday just gone, I was there all day, not as part of the charity event. By 5.00pm, when the event finished there was an impressive array of bumps down the middle of the main slope, the lumpiest I've ever seen at the place. Unfortunately as soon as the charity event finished at 5.00pm, and the slope suddenly cleared, 4 centre staff were out with shovels flattening the lumps. Pleased to see it was still bumpy later in the evening, but it was quite impressiver earlier.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman, thanks for the info.

As a matter of interest, what's the standard like for the classes? Is it all ski racers and instructors - or are they open to mere mortals like me? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spud9, Were you sitting next to Stuart Barnard in the bar looking at a laptop at about 6.00pm?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abj wrote:
Spyderman, thanks for the info.

As a matter of interest, what's the standard like for the classes? Is it all ski racers and instructors - or are they open to mere mortals like me? Very Happy

Far from it, the bumps sessions I've been to were reasonable intermediates upwards. The racers tend to do there own thing with their own coaches. Instructors and wannabe instructors again have their own sessions.

They're aimed at basic parallel skiers upwards.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm rather skeptical about how "good" the bumps will be and how effective the lessons...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman wrote:
Spud9, Were you sitting next to Stuart Barnard in the bar looking at a laptop at about 6.00pm?

No; but I was sitting next to Stuart Bernard in the bar looking at a laptop earlier in the day. I did RobnScot's 'Instructor assessment' day, and Stuart had been shipped in for the occassion. We finished around 4.30ish.

I stayed on skiing till 5.30ish because of the lovely bumps.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spud9, Stuart is a top bloke, having a BASI Trainer doing an assessment day is perfect.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:

That was me mate!! Do Spud9 and I look similar? Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great stuff
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy