Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are these skis like? Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Decision made

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 22-08-11 19:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beginner Skis, can be picked up new for around €200 on the web.

http://www.fall-line.co.uk/gear/skis/fischer/viron-22-0910

http://www.skixpress.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_119
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, thanks for those links, so if i could pick them up for under £100 would that be a bargain?
How would they compare to hire skis?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
emsie, depends on how you ski/where you want to ski. Fischer themselves say this is an intermediate piste ski.
http://www.fischerskis.com/en/products_ski.php5?parent=60093&show=detail&id_product=19030
Haven't skied on them myself, sorry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emsie wrote:
DB, thanks for those links, so if i could pick them up for under £100 would that be a bargain?
How would they compare to hire skis?

If they are less than £100 and they are in good condition you are very unlikely to lose money on them anyway - you could sell them for more on ebay.

They would be cheaper than hire skis if you used them for a few weeks, nothing to lose really. If you don't like them, you can sell them for the same amount you bought them for, assuming you don't snap them in half or blow an edge.

They will almost certainly be better than hire skis, based on the hire skis I was given in Feb to avoid excessive ski carriage charges. I won't be hiring skis again. Ever.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy