Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How much do lessons cost in different areas - Private and Group Classes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following on from a post in another thread
jjc james wrote:
50+ euros to have me private for 2 persons in valmeinier.

Just wondered what the different charges are for private lessons and for group classes in different parts of Europe

Group classes (up to 12 people - but normally around 7 or Cool
Our school charges (about avg. for this area) £85 for 2 hours per day for 5 days

Private lessons
I charge £60 per hour (must be paid in £'s by card and be a min of 2 hours) for up to 5 people of about the same standard.

This year I have taken private and group classes (at these prices) in Madonna di Campiglio, Folgarida, Marilleva, Passo Tonale, Peio, Pinzolo. Plus Moguls clinics to UK ski clubs in Arraba and Val Gardena – Sella Ronda is plus travel costs of about £30 to £50)

What's the charges in other areas in the mountains and in the UK fridges ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne, I have just seen that at Milton Keynes 1 hour Private lessons for 4 people is £255 Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wayne,

Remember i work for the ESF so as a syndicate we make our money from group lessons not privates, I am paid more per hour than it costs for a 1hr private with me.

holidayloverxx,

OUCH!

There is a good event at hemel on the 25th June

On 25th June www.alpinecoaching.com and www.worldclassskiing.net present the summer snowsports event at The Snow Centre. The event will run from 12pm – 8pm and include coaching sessions from our team of top trainers (Pete Gillespie, Alex Leaf, Ali Smith, Toby Fischel plus other guest trainers) followed by an early evening buffet
Price for the event £90.00 (slope time, coaching fee and buffet)

Sounds pretty damn good for £90. mmm buffet......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.glissepassion.fr/en/prices-pxl-49.html

Next season's prices, the ESI in Les Saisies. Group lessons (maximum 10 people) about the same as yours but private lessons a lot cheaper. In low season, 62 euros for 2 hours private lesson, 1 - 3 people, with extra people charged a supplement. 84 euros in peak weeks. The ESF, in direct competition, is very comparable, naturally.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w,
Not really sure how that would work as we get paid the same regardless of where we are in the season (high / low), maybe it's different in France ?

Mind you I did a full week (2X 4 hour sessions per day X 5 days) last year (2010) for a school group that had forgotten to book lessons and I didn't charge them. The teacher running the trip had not skied before and all the other teachers just assumed he had booked lessons Laughing
At the end of the week the kids bought me the biggest bag of haribo you've ever seen Smile

I notice the UK fridges do charge quite a lot but I would think it costs them a lot to run the systems to keep the snow there so they need to charge more.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jjc james,
Quote:

£90. mmm buffet......

You've not had a buffet at Hemel then.....................
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne wrote:
Following on from a post in another thread
jjc james wrote:
50+ euros to have me private for 2 persons in valmeinier.

... so is that 50 Euros per person; 50 Euros per hour, or 50 Euros up to a maximum of 2 people for two hours?

If it's the last, it seems amazing value ... sign me up!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abj, heres the link to the ski schools price list.

http://www.esf-valmeinier.com/ski-school-valmeinier/individual-lessons/private-lessons
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy