Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mammoth Mountain or Squaw valley - end of May?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Should I go to Mammoth Mountain or Squaw Valley endof may? Which resort offers the most skiing this time of your?
(on piste and not mad mad steep)

Any advice welcome Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
leeacarroll, Hi,, Squaw Valley is only open weekends now, and they close 30 may, http://www.squaw.com/
Mammoth Mountain close 4th of july,, and had open all they days in the week,, http://www.mammothmountain.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mammoth.

Record season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
leeacarroll, I can't believe I'm posting this but it has to be Mammoth -Squaw is open with limited terrain, although the snow is still good and we're due another storm over the next couple of days that should give us nearly a foot of fresh snow! However, limited lifts mean limited terrain but there is still plenty of on piste to go at - but the off-piste was really quite good this morning -there's no one really here so you'd have some wide open pistes to ski.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"this time of year"? Are you asking for THIS year (in 2 weeks time), or a future year?

Currently, Mammoth is better.

And "usually", Mammoth is more reliable for "this time of year". But that's never guaranteed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, This year (2 weeks time). Mammoth looks like the winner, shame as its a longer drive by the looks of it! any chance the roads over the top from sfo will be open...?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
leeacarroll wrote:
Hi, This year (2 weeks time). Mammoth looks like the winner, shame as its a longer drive by the looks of it! any chance the roads over the top from sfo will be open...?

Bob Hope and no hope. Stockton 88E to Minden /Gardnerville then 395S not too much hassle. If you're travelling on the weekend by all means take I80 stop at Squaw/Alpine and driive down through Tahoe basin.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy