Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Val Claret - Car parking - Hotel Curling

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never been to Tignes before and I'm interested in any advice you may have regarding car parking.

I'm attending the snowHead PSB11 in Nov and we're staying in Val Claret at the Hotel Curling. It appears that there is an underground car park nearby. I'm not considering any above ground or further away free options. Has anyone used the Val Claret car park or maybe stayed at the Hotel Curling and can maybe give some advice in this regards to the parking situation. As expected (this is the 'off season' after all) the car park website is currently offline. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't stayed at the Hotel Curling but used the underground car park last year. It is at the top of Val Claret on the one way system and was excellent - 24 hour attendant on duty and reasosnable charge. I think there is also some free parking slope side which might be available especially in November.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skilegs, The outdoor parking in Val Claret won't be free that week, it changes over when the Espace Killy links open. I don't know if it is any cheaper than the underground parking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The last time I was in Val Claret in November (probably 2005) the car parking was free in both the outdoor main car park by the lifts, and up in the multi-storey heated car park. There may have been a reduced charge in the heated car park in November (I only stayed there once and I think I did have to have a ticket).

I'm not sure when exactly the car park by the lifts requires payment, although I would be certain that the official season start date might coincide (or be close) with parking charges. It may also be when the car park starts to need regular snow and ice clearing.

There are heated toilets in both car parks! (a great bonus for those who sleep in their autocars)

It is definately free to park in Tignes les Boises, but you would need to catch the free bus up from there to Tignes val Claret and it can be a bit dangerous parking there as the snow piles up and the car park is down a slope and the surface is not as good as in Val Claret. I would say that it is significantly warmer to park your car in Tignes les Boises than in Val Claret, which may help keep your battery in good condition. (I used a solar panel trickle charger in the windscreen to keep it topped up)

The safety aspect of having you car away from the main car park is another issue. Safety not from theft, but from ice and alcohol induced accidents.

Finally the road between Tignes les Boises and Tignes Val Claret can be fairly hairy if the weather is bad. Make sure you have snow chains, and use them if the road has any ice or snow on it!

rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all for your advice. I believe I have now located both the hotel and the car parks in Val Claret. If I do drive I'll probably be using the covered parking at Du Golf.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bigtipper, Excellent first post! Very Happy Welcome to snowHeads
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could park down in Les Breviere. It's free and a lot warmer down there than Val.
Catch either the bubble up to Boisess then the bus.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerby, Thanks for the suggestion but I'd discounted that option from the start. I'd like the car close, under cover and not needing and bus travel.
Bigtipper, I hope the weather will be snowy. Car will be prep'd and snow chains are in my car on every ski trip. Thanks for the reminder.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/snowheads-personal-galleries/p24188-van-exhaust.html

The above link is a picture of the free car park in Tignes les Boisses. This is after one night of snow, which had not yet been cleared by the snow plows! Snow plows navigate in between the cars, and remove the snow.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bigtipper, Thanks for the update picture. I'm now going by air via Geneva with the 'masses' for the November trip.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

The above link is a picture of the free car park in Tignes les Boisses. This is after one night of snow, which had not yet been cleared by the snow plows (sic)!
Oh dear. A ski resort where cars get covered in snow? Whatever next? The terrifying tale above may cause me sleepless nights but still won't be enough to dissuade me from saving €70 a week and parking free at Les Boisses or Les Brevieres Toofy Grin. Anyway, the money saved is about 6 litres-worth of restaurant beer - or about 40 litres-worth of the supermarket version wink !!

Anyway, this is what you call one night of snow in Tignes - sadly arrived too late to park free on that occasion Sad - but no bother to dig the car out and move it to a free car park! (CLICK ON EACH PIC TO ENLARGE....still don't know how to post big photos Puzzled)

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy