Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
bobmcstuff, rick loves the powder is manchester based and has spoken of a cheeky weekender in the past, might be worth asking him. Am in Marple myself and am tempted but wouldn't be able to take the car for a weekend as that would leave Mrs NBT stuck - let me know if you decide to go for it
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alans deep bath wrote:
moffatross, I'd love to but I damaged ligaments in my ankle so they're still doing their thing. Hopefully it isn't all rained away too quickly. Another 2-3 weeks and I should be back running/skiing Sad

Sorry about that. If we don't meet up to ski again this season, there's plenty of munros left to bag over the summer Cool

This photo by Helen at winterhighland, taken today, shows just how much snow is accumulating on Cairngorm and to ever lower levels. Helen reports the White Lady (pictured) is wide & full and is now rock free.

One last from Cairngorm at the weekend, and one of shoogly's pics of me, cautiously picking my way down a sloughing section of snow into Sneachda as we discovered the evidence of fresh run-out in front of us. The photo fascinated me for its perspective trickery because it looks like the frozen puddles & pebbles are just a ski pole or two distant whereas they are actually large boulders & frozen lochans that are several hundred feet below.

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scotland will be a ripper this weekend.

A week of snow followed by sun on Sat and Sun.

Top-to-mid-station sliding near-certain at Cairngorm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't make this weekend Sad

Enjoy!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
God dammit.

Looks like I'm meeting 4 mates who I haven't seen in a while to go to Castleford and then go drinking, which is cool but pretty poor consolation for all that /\

Fingers crossed for a May dump? Hehe.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to do some quick sums to see if I can afford a trip this weekend. I suspect the answer is "no", but I'll kick myself if I don't try Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BBC Breakfast weather talked about HEAVY SNOW on the Scottish hills Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
18" of powder reported on the White Lady snowHead

pic below of a drift outside the Ptarmigan at the top station...

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
oh... sorry, didn't mean to post that life size!!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stop it, I'm going to cry.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm I'm going up to Scotland for a family thing tomorrow.. I'm supposed to be coming back on Saturday... I wonder if I could blag a day on the hills Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I might be up this weekend ....

nbt, will let you know if I am but it'll all be a bit last minute (as always) Toofy Grin

Am looking to stay around into next week and maybe do some touring - anyone up for that?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly, dropped the size on the pic for you

roga, keep us updated. very tempted....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
More info from Cairngorm...

HIGH AVALANCHE RISK ON THE HEAD WALL AND CORONATION WALL.
KEEP AWAY FROM THESE AREAS
Top Station Weather;30 - 40 MPH, NNE, -1.0C, snowing and drifting heavily at the moment. It has been snowing heavily for the last 36hrs, above 700M. Due to the wind and drifting at the top, it is highly unlikely that the top lifts will run. The patrol are reporting great powder and offpiste conditions on the Lady and M1. The Traverse-105-ZigZag route is also great condition but unpisted. Pisting on the M1 piste first thing, please keep clear until the run opens. We areopen for snowsports, with the M1 poma and train for access. Due to the visibilty and conditions, the snowsports are only really suitable for intermediates and above.
Equipment hire closed, and reduced snowsports ticket prices of £15 (adult) and £10 (Junior) will apply.

From MWIS

Constant often heavy snow and whiteout Cairngorms, Lochnagar and Monadhliath. On southern summits in Cairngorms NP from north of Glen Garry west toward Ben Alder, the snow more patchy, but still off and on all day. Rain below 600m.

How cold at 900m? 0C. Will feel as cold as minus 16C directly in the wind.

Showery rain or on higher areas snow on Friday, mainly northeast Scotland, and across Scotland less windy. Over the weekend, substantially fine with winds dropping away across Scotland.

Saturday looks good with 60% chance of cloud free munros.
snow conditions
Will do nbt.

Just took a look at the photos on the Cairngorm Facebook page and it looks awesome - apparently been snowing heavily for 36 hours and massive drifts at the top. Weekend looking sunny and calm as is the start of next week - really looking worth a trip I have to say!
latest report
Last Weekend to Ski/board at Nevis Range!
We are expecting to be open again this weekend for snowsports, We still have some issues with Tower 4 on the goose so please check the conditions page on the website before you leave, but we expect to offer skiing in the Goose from T4 and on the summit, suitable for intermediates and experts only. At the moment there is a firm base with areas of fresh spring snow. There won’t be any equipment hire available at the weekend.

snowHead
ski holidays
II, has the west not been getting so much of the snow?

I noticed Glencoe mention "reducing snow cover" on their website Confused
snow conditions
roga, most of the snow has been piling in from the north east as the big low pressure sucks moisture in from scandinavia and the north sea. Very similar to the systems that brought all that snow last winter.
latest report
Thanks shoogly makes sense, I thought something like that might have been happening.
ski holidays
Hey nbt, are you seriously thinking of going without me?
snow conditions
oh dear, looks like nbt, is in trouble Very Happy
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, from the 'Gorm today

The patrol are reporting great powder and offpiste conditions on the Lady and M1. The Traverse-105-ZigZag route is also great condition but unpisted. M1 pisted and in amazing condition.
ski holidays
kitenski, really dont know what to do. Cars MOT is due on Monday, so this weekend is when i have to get it done. Conditions look brilliant though, hmmmmmm
ski holidays
Anyone that wants to make a weekend of it Late Rooms has some hotels offering B&B from £35. Worth checking out Aviemore Highland Resort at the last minute, I got a £49 twin room for the night of the Warren Miller film in the Feb half term on that afternoon in the Aviemore Inn.
latest report
Looks like I might make Sunday Very Happy
ski holidays
shoogly, I thought you might manage to negotiate a pass. wink I'll see you up the mountain ... looking like I'll be meeting up with some folk to ski the back corries at Nevis on Saturday, camping at High Range Saturday night & skiing Cairngorm on Sunday. It's a sh1te job, but someone's got to do it !!! Laughing
ski holidays
Can't quite work out who is who from the usernames, but looks like 3 of us heading up from Manc at 4Neh Nehm tomorrow. 1 space left

quick
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TheGeneralist, nbt is in your neck of the woods.

I'm going up from Bristol but probs leaving mid afternoon by the looks of things.

Will have one seat in the car if anyone is desperate but won't be heading south until Wed at the earliest, might be Thurs (have to go to Devon Friday so can't leave it any later than that unfortunately).
ski holidays
I can't make it, have too much work to do tomorrow and too late notice. Might see how we're fixed for BH weekend though
ski holidays
Sorry to hear that but hopefully you'll get up the following weekend and have a good time Very Happy
snow report
Still snowing on CairnGorm Mountain! snowHead
ski holidays
Tomorrow is going to be epic but I worry there may be a lot of people up! All the same I reckon Sunday will be quieter and the week quieter still so all good Very Happy

Winterhighland, will probs see you up there snowHead
latest report
Making our first trip to Cairngorm on Sunday, picking up a new car in Glasgow on Saturday and couldn't resist a cheeky days sliding Smile

Will be wearing this jacket -> http://europe.westbeach.com/p-193-maverick-insulated-ultra-magnetic-blue-1011.aspx with matching blue pants (difficult to spot I know Smile) any snpwheads give us a wave
ski holidays
Yeah you'll be well camouflaged there Wink

Have a good 'un and try to get there early to avoid big ticket queues!
snow report
What time is early?
snow conditions
I'm getting a lift up to Glasgow tonight. Planning on leaving there before 6 and get to Carpark well before 9. Want to be in the top carpark, early in the ticket queue and on one of the first funicular trips at 9. I'm the one all in black with red boots and green skis. Booked a room at the High Range this morning so I can get to the fleshpots of Aviemore for some evening fun. See you all there snowHead

Not totally convinced on the jacket BTW Shocked

The snow level looks a lot lower this morning, below the scope of the winterhighland cams at mid-mountain (is there a dusting at Loch Morlich?) Anyone think they might look at getting the WWP working???
snow report
TotallyBoard, I'd say before 9 as what...snow says above, you don't really want to end up in the lower car park if you can help it.

I'm presuming the ticket office opens at 10 or is it earlier this weekend?
snow conditions
Slight correction on the above, the first train up at the weekend is 9.30 so I guess the ticket office will be open around or just after 9 so arrival between 8 and 8.30 would probably work well.
ski holidays
Cool beans will make an early start on Sunday, we're staying in Newtonmore which is about 1/2 hour away I think. Thought my season was over but Scotland to the rescue Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy