Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off tomorrow not thursday Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unlucky Chris!

Just to keep this on the most recent page...

Alans deep bath wrote:
Glencoe announced they may open. If you're interested comment on their Facebook status, if they get numbers they will operate on Thursday

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/578510/a58d5eb462/ARCHIVE
https://www.facebook.com/GlencoeMountain

GO GO GO
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Although i'm on at 5 at night Smile

Could maybe do a cheeky half day
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
(this is not me)

http://youtube.com/v/TdgVfn8Apus

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 17-04-12 17:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^
That's nicer powder than I found anywhere in Lech/Zurs last week. Cool Hope there's some left for the weekend. Also showing my age, they all look about 12 in the intro scene & thinking like they should really have been at school down in Fort Bill. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross, Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alans deep bath, Great video, very jelous!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricklovesthepowder, it's not me, I am equally jealous.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, it's not me, I am equally jealous.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How many days skiing has Scotland managed this year?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
moffatross, you weren't looking very hard! Check the powder in the Arlberg in my videos from last week....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks good...

Alan from Winterhighland wrote:
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
That's nicer powder than I found anywhere in Lech/Zurs last week. Hope there's some left for the weekend

Maybe not - the skiers on the video just rip up the Summit Run and Goose powder with no form of etiquette Confused .

Four of us once skied with a guide in Val D'Isere who was insistent that we all skied S's close together to maximise fellow skiers'/boarders' enjoyment - so we've all done that ever since. We've since observed that tourers skiing in the wilderness tend to conserve the snow in that manner....but those just off the side of the piste in ski resorts just go beserk.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ and did you pay him to take the pish outta ya in this fashion? rolling eyes (not skier etiquette that, more a guide protecting his stash, and if I pay you to guide me there Guy or whatever your name is, I'm skiing it, you better believe it). I hate that bs, why bother? Stay between the fences. I'll boot pack up a skin track an all Razz
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GLencoe is a go tomorrow from 9.30.

I get why people farm powder but big fast turns are the most fun.
latest report

Very Happy
ski holidays
Had a reasonable day's skiing at Cairngorm Mountain today. First funicular ran at 10:20, up top there was fog/cloud so visibility was poor with flat light , but it was snowing most of the day, so got to ski some fresh snow Smile albeit on a fairly thin base. The Ciste fairway was in nice condition, also M1 at the top, but just before the bottom of the MI poma it got a bit patchy, so my skis picked up a few minor scratches to the bases Sad

As I was having a coffee in the Ptarmigan Restaurant I happened to spot that fellow snowhead II was also there, so it was great to have a wee chat and ski with him! snowHead

I believe more snow is forecast for tomorrow, so it's looking good for anyone looking to get in some skiing at the weekend at Cairngorm. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
A few photos from the last couple of days, snow showers continuing tonight and Friday ahead of the weekend. Make your plans to get out and play and take advantage. Spread the word too, even amongst skiers plenty seem unaware winter has returned to the mountains! Shocked

^White Lady on Thursday, fantastic cover top half - narrows a bit lower down, care required approaching M1 Poma under the Funicular , but improving with heavy snow showers.

^Looking down the Traverse on Wednesday.

^Top Basin on Wednesday as a snow shower moves in.

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/
ski holidays
Glencoe on Thursday:

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2980
latest report
Great day skiing at Cairngorm with shoogly today, both on & off-piste. But especially off. Madeye-Smiley

The only skiers in Sneachda today ..

No powder farming required wink ...

Just rewards for our efforts ...
Little Angel
latest report
As moffatross said, it was a great day at Cairngorm Mountain. My first ever venture into Coire a t-Sneachda. Snow felt slightly unstable at the very top but further in it was lovely. Only our two tracks in there as well. The traverse out was interesting and I'm pretty sure the Ptarmigans we laughing their wee heads of at us!

Snow below midstation on mountain is disappearing, but it was technically possible to ski to within around 50m from the M1 poma uplift... just depends how much you treasure your bases.

Good to see lots of young ones out enjoying the snow and the small park features looked like they were getting lots of use.

The weather came and went. Bright sunshine one minute, total whiteout conditions the next with no horizon line anywhere. So easy to see why people get lost in the mountains.

Couple of pics from my phone.

Ross skiing off the summit of Cairn Gorm

Ross atop the weather station

Ross on the trickiest part of the traverse out.

View back from the traverse
ski holidays
moffatross on the traverse out with his skis crossed - Laughing

Looks like a good day out Sad
ski holidays
Alans deep bath, I know... it was very funny. I did say to him that was why I was taking the picture. To be fair, it was hard work in that boulder field.
latest report
^
Not half ... there were some big holes under those boulders & Dynafit brakes are pretty useless at the best of times for keeping skis together when shouldered. I think that's why the ptarmigans were laughing so much, that & they'd never heard so much swearing. Laughing
latest report

^End of day run down the M1 on fresh corduroy on Monday afternoon.

^Summit Path from outside the Top Station on Sunday.

^Coronation Wall from the 105 on Sunday.

Sunday: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=786
Monday: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=787

Also more photos in the Public Reports. Top of the mountain is ride anywhere with some good moderate off piste on the Ptarmigan Ridge and upper reaches of the East Wall (returning to Ciste Tow). Potentially quite a lot more snow to come over the next 2 to 3 days, keep an eye on reports, cams and radar!
latest report
hmm, wonder if the 'gorm will run mid May for my birthday Wink
snow conditions
Don't ski into the local Scottish wildcats they just found near Aviemore.
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
Don't ski into the local Scottish wildcats they just found near Aviemore.

I wouldn't mind skiing into this Scottish wildcat :

Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold, myself and moffatross came across some large paw prints in the snow in Coire an t-sneachda and I said I thought they looked like a large cats print at the time. Could have been something different, but I'd like to think they were wildcat Very Happy Plenty of ptarmigan about to prey on anyway.
latest report
Look's like the game could be up at Nevis Range but it's dumping at Cairngorm Very Happy

snow conditions
Alans deep bath, are you skiing the weekend ? I'm tempted to pack a tent, pitch it at Aviemore for Saturday night to ski Cairngorm both days.
ski holidays
Any idea how much of Cairngorm is likely to be open this weekend? Worth a drive up for a cheeky end of season weekend?
latest report
bobmcstuff, Saturday should be good if you can make it up.

moffatross, I'd love to but I damaged ligaments in my ankle so they're still doing their thing. Hopefully it isn't all rained away too quickly. Another 2-3 weeks and I should be back running/skiing Sad
snow report
Bah, one of my potential ski buddies is running a marathon on Sunday and the other has too many exams (pathetic excuse IMO).
snow conditions
A one week skier will be alright yeah? Hehe.

Would have to drive up Friday night and back Sunday for that to work though, seems like a lot of driving for a day or maybe a day and a half of skiing if we could get Sunday morning in (from Manchester).
ski holidays
Quote:

if we could get Sunday morning in (from Manchester)

bobmcstuff, speaking from experience, you can ski the whole day on Sunday and drive back to Manc before midnight. Last time we were there was in 2010, a few days after they'd had to shut down for a few days in order to dig out the funicular track. We planned to leave a little early on the last day to make for an earlier arrival back home, but the snow was just too good and we stayed almost until last lifts and still got to work OK the next morning Happy
latest report
He's playing a gig Sunday evening though, otherwise I'd definitely be doing that! We'd need to be back in decent time.
latest report
bobmcstuff, ah right, fair enough Sad I feel your pain, just had to turn down a trip to the 'gorm so save money and leave.
snow report
bobmcstuff, I've got an exam tomorrow and one on Monday which doesn't help Sad
latest report
Thing is I get paid on Friday, the missus is gonna be away and it might be the last chance I get to ski this season... Bit of a perfect storm.

I would just drive myself up but I don't have a car and renting is moneys. Plus skiing on your own is not as much fun.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy