Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there is any video \ film coverage of the event ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More good pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.404247369603050.107410.111429118884878&type=1

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndAnotherThing.., We've got some great GoPro footage. Trying to upload it in the Glencoe cafe but it's saying 33 hours to go but I will post it up.

It was a great event for the first Coe Cup and made speacial by the excellent weather in the Highlands and the excellent spirit of the competitors.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dot., Well done for making this happen ! Looking forward to the video footage.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow yesterday was perfect corn until later on. Bottom was getting heavy for my comp run. Today was heavy, heavy, heavy and sweet jesus was it hardwork hiking in the heat! I had an absolute blast all weekend and met some great people. Am already looking forward to next year. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dot., Cool Madeye-Smiley Will look out for it.

I'll echo kitenski - well done for making it happen. It's just the perfect event to promote Scottish skiing. GNAR.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, good on you dot & the entrants, helpers & Glencoe for keeping it going too. Spring skiing the Fly is lovely and despite the snow loss, with bright sunshine and soft going it must have been a pleasure. I can well understand why the event was postponed 4 weeks ago though as with its snow set up hard and with poor visibility, it would have been horrible and treacherous.

And anyone who hasn't skied the Fly won't appreciate quite how dramatic (and sometimes intimidating) a run it is either. It's my benchmark for steep skiing everywhere I go and I don't reckon you'd find a marked ski run as steep as it is anywhere else in Europe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
some footage

http://youtube.com/v/xD_p2SRMO6Y
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alans deep bath wrote:
More good pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.404247369603050.107410.111429118884878&type=1

Photo by Ian Marshall

Wow....what a great weekend, made special by the high level of riders and the spirit in witch they competed. The bar has been set very high. With good snow the Coe Cup will be unreal and we've already got a provisional date for next year (16th and 17th March)

Thanks all.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 26-03-12 16:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
is there any video of the winning run that's non P.O.V.?

Looks like you coped with conditions admirably Very Happy

well done!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoogly, Yeah the Scotsman film crew got it. I think they're releasing it this week.

Can't wait until next year. The Coe Cup 2012 will go down as one of the best weekends of my life. All thanks to the spirit of the competitors.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantastic!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have quite a few shots from the Sunday session that aren't POV although were done freehand with a GoPro so aren't fantastic. Am traveling without the oomph to edit video though until this weekend so will probably chuck something up on Sunday.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
meh, thanks mate. Great to meet you and a massive thanks for your help on Friday digging the cliff drop.

Have up dated the website to show some images. Interesting that the guy who came last in the men's ski may have been in the top 5 if he had landed his back flip. Falls mean everything eh.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dot., likewise, am already planning on coming back next year.

I'm also pretty pleased with my placing (10th) and score given the absence of any real airtime in my line. My plan was anything other than last so I fulfilled that better than I expected! The two available faces were nicely complementary and with a touch more snow it'll be really awesome. Was also great to be out with such a strong bunch of riders with the vibe that generated.
snow report
A few great pics on the Great Scottish Outdoors facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=347366635313643&set=a.347366388647001.90568.136229436427365&type=1&theater
ski holidays
^ nice link shoogly and wow !! That was a pretty ballsy move and one that I can't imagine anyone would want do voluntarily. I like to keep my feet touching the ground on that bit of snow Laughing
snow conditions
moffatross, likewise... shame he didn't land it, but as you say - ballsy!

You up for doing a couple of summits through the summer? Just need to get my back strong for next season so would be up for one a month once I've off the ibuprofen. Very Happy
snow report
I think I'm going to see about getting a final slide this weekend if anyone wants to head up, probably Sunday.
snow conditions
shoogly, are you Nick?
snow report
shoogly, yeah, I'm well up for some Munro bagsying when all hope of skiing is gone for the season. But have you seen these photos from Aonach Mor. Tempting ? ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.137878249673439.24539.100003537938219&type=1

Alans deep bath, those Nevis back corries looks worth well a hike from the FB page if the weather's still decent by Saturday & snow's not frozen solid again. Summit gully might be quite nice indeed.
snow conditions
Dot., dare one ask why the Coe Cup was awarded to the person who was joint 7th place in the ski rankings? (as per Coe Cup website). Or am I missing something?

Just interested..

Good job all round for making it happen, both to the organisers and the competitors!
ski holidays
Whats the weather like for next week, there was a possibility of it turning colder is this still on the cards?
snow report
offpisteskiing, The Coe Cup is awarded to the best all round competitor of the competition witch incorporates skill, sportsmanship, and spirit. I guess like a riders choice award. Day one he could have had a winning line if he'd showed a bit more control over one jump, he spent a large percentage of Saturday collecting gopro stuff to make the edit you can see on you tube then did a very good front flip on Sunday.

The judges (Jeremy Nobis and Adam Gorrill) thought overall he was the rider of the weekend.
snow report
Dot., cool. Sounds a worthy winner...
snow conditions
any bets on the season restarting or is the ground too warm now?? From the BBC monthly outlook

Monday 2 April—Sunday 8 April

April brings some April showers

From the beginning of April, mainly westerly or southwesterly winds are expected to dominate.

Temperatures are likely to return nearer to average across all areas after the recent warm spell, with some quite chilly nights bringing the possibility of patchy frost.

It will also turn more unsettled and windier, particularly in the north of the UK, with rain or showers at times.

There will still be periods of dry and more settled weather, especially in the south.

In the far north, it may be cold enough for showers to turn wintry at times, with some hill snow possible.

Monday 9 April—Sunday 22 April

More unsettled

A generally unsettled period is expected to develop, with winds often from the west or northwest.

Rainfall amounts for the period look to be around average across the UK, with a continuing chance of some wintry showers falling in some northern areas, mainly on hills.

Temperatures will generally be near or a little below average, with a risk of overnight frosts.

Despite the predominantly more unsettled theme, there will be some drier interludes, particularly in the south, with further warm sunshine at times.
ski holidays
kitenski, I think Glencoe does pretty good out of Westerly's so it's definitely not too far fetched Very Happy
snow report
Hmm BBc talking up the snow Monday in Scotland....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah BBC forecasting snow in Scotland, also reporting -5 degrees C in Aviemore?

Snow-forecast forecasting upwards of 20cm snow for Cairngorm mid-station, mostly tonight. Not so good for Glencoe or Nevis Range with rain at mid station, but still a bit of snow up top.

Anyone know any more/have a more educated opinion? Might that see lifts turning at Cairngorm? Obviously assuming it actually happens...
ski holidays
the ski school at cairngorm have just announced on facebook that due to the poor outlook, they've shut the office for the season and will now only reply to email enquiries, there'll be no-one there to answer a phone!
snow conditions
Closer to +5 in aviemore, just drove Inverness to aviemore about an hour ago and coldest it got per car display was +4
ski holidays
wet snow showers (but chunky flakes) coming through aviemore for the last 30 minutes
snow conditions
Cairngorm webcam is 80% white at the moment with about 5cm of wet snow on the ground at midstation.
latest report
Aviemore looking nice and White, as are most of the travel Scotland road cameras!
snow conditions
There could be a foot of fresh snow at the top of Cairngorm.
ski holidays
Webcams are looking good this morning. Aviemore looks the best it has this year!!!
ski holidays
From Cairngorm on Twitter...

Once the team have reached the top of the mountain, we will have a better idea of how much snow has fallen on the runs, Next update 10.00am
snow conditions
Just shovelled about 5 inches from path/cars, drifting pretty deep in places. Heard Col on radio a few minutes ago, he sounds in the mood to get cracking, though understandably still a bit vague as to what's what (need to get road open first etc)

I'm moving house today and tomorrow, I shoulda predicted that would bring a good dump rolling eyes
snow conditions
barry, whens the house warming do? snowHead
snow report
Winterhighland, Ask the wife, I'm aff skiin' Cool (hmm wonder if I could actually suggest a wee sneaky couple of hours?)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy