Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
ledge, yeah I'm up at the moment, currently away from Aviemore (back later today) but there's been a big snow loss.

Fingers crossed for snow in the week, it's at least looking hopeful Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Glencoe has held a lot more snow than I thought. I can't imagine it would take a huge amount and some wind before things were running again...

Full update: http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/578510/c504bf095d/ARCHIVE
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alans deep bath, Thanks for posting, I'm feeling slightly encouraged now and have fingers firmly crossed.

Last chance for some festive Scottish sliding for me is 30/31 so fingers fully crossed for new snow ASAP
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roger C may see you up there, drop me a pm when your plans are confirmed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some heavy snow showing up on the radar, hopefully sticking where it needs to in order to get things up and running again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anyone heard how this season's snowgun experiments at Cairngorm and Glencoe are going?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At glencoe tomorrow if its open so i,ll post if i see them running. Same on Saturday at cairngorms.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi ledge I hope you have a good couple of days

With 8hrs+ driving both ways we decided against our trip but hope you have a good time
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Currently snowing in Dundee, looking to be promising for the holidays!Smile)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
anyone have any idea how the back corries at Nevis fared in the thaw?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
En route to Cairngorm now. Just north of Forth Rd Bridge, 3C & rainy - tho forecast is still mild tomorrow....Winterhighland website suggesting that there could be 3 draglifts running - weather permitting....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
UPDATE! 0C at Perth & sign on A9 flashing that the snowgates are shut at Glenshee!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict, I shouldn't get too excited about the A93 being closed as it doesn't take much to close that road as the hill is so steep also its not unusual for them to close it overnight for safety.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
larry1950 Aye, position noted - we know the A93 well. Just got a bit excited after the snowless scenario of a couple of days ago!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well Scotland's got more snow than Tahoe. Oh.....

^Hogmanay Airtime at Kirkwood! Shocked
ski holidays
Massive snow loss just before Christmas after such a good start on the West coast of Scotland as Glencoe & Nevis Range loaded up a great base to be nearly battered to death by Rain, Winds and Mild temps but there is a change on the way.

As I look out of my window the snow level in the Back Corries Nevis Range is progressively falling from around the 550m with some heavy snow shower's packing in. Looks like wee could get 30-40cm over the next 4 days after that it looks very interesting... Shocked

Hopefully the winds will give us a break. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ayrshire Andy wrote:
Just trying to load a photo of Glencoe on Sunday - never done it before, so apologies if it doesn't work!

This is the area for the Coe Cup.

Would you mind if I borrow this photo to send to some folk to show the Coe Cup face?
snow conditions
Rannoch Moor looking snowy (and snow down to sea level here overnight).
ski holidays
Dot., no problem snowHead
ski holidays
Ayrshire Andy, Ta
latest report
Roger C, I think you made the right choice to stay at home. Snow conditions weren't ideal. Glencoe wasn't open at all during my brief visit north. Cairngorms had skiable conditions on the 30th with a few areas of "thin cover" I had sparks coming off my edges! and didn't see the snow cannon working. On the 31st I decided to make use of my skins and head out of the marked ski area. I hardly saw a soul all day and had one of my best ski experiences in Scotland, skiing all the way down to a loch I have yet to identify, snow on the back of the mountain was in excellent condition with almost full cover all the way down. I wouldn't have relished a second day on piste (heather and stones) and there had been a further thaw overnight and the snow had receeded even further.

I think conditions improved after I departed as it was snowing quite heavilly that evening so hopefully things will be much improved in the the near future.
snow report
Ledge, if you went directly off the back of Cairngorm from the Ski Area, it would probably have been Loch Avon you ended up at.
ski holidays
Looks like there has been a fair amount of new snow Very Happy
snow report
Just back from a loooong drive down from Aviemore - snow was puking down on the Drumochter, at points it was close to being blockd and there were drifts almost as high as the car by the road. Am surprised looking at the Winterhighland web cams that they're showing much less than I expected though! Puzzled

Good seeing you ledge, sorry I wasn't that talkative when I saw you on the 31st - knackering lesson plus the start of a stinking cold which made todays drive no fun at all - now utterly knackered and will take to my bed for a day or two I think!

BTW, quite right about on piste, was total pants most of the time but hopefully this weeks storms will improve the situation considerably.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 3-01-12 2:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
roga, its all in the West. Again.
snow report
Alans deep bath, is Drumochter now classified as the west? Razz
snow conditions
roga, it's West of somewhere Wink
latest report
Hope everything's OK up there. I've been watching tiles rain off my roof all morning!

Not as unlucky as this (at least there's snow on the hills...)

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris H posted this on Winterhighland...

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=7901

Nevis Range
snow conditions
Glencoe starting to fill in... again

http://saisglencoe.blogspot.com/
ski holidays
was that house on grand designs?
latest report
mr_big_ad, yeh it was.
snow report
mr_big_ad, no, that one had a roof.
latest report
mr_big_ad wrote:
was that house on grand designs?

Exactly my first thought when i saw it!!! What has hit the car? Shocked
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, think it was that massive bit of roof.
latest report

Pretty wild up at Nevis Range today but its good to get out on the hill again.

Swampy & Geoff in the photo setting up the Transceiver Park at the top of Alpha on the left, which is already loaded with snow.

Heard Swampys radio they were saying 25-50cm for today and another 25-50cm for tomorrow... Smile

Its chucking it down here at the mo so it must be loaded up there.
latest report
From Nevis Facebook
snow report
I climbed the local hill today to see how the snow pack was building. There are some nice areas to ski there, and some hard packed stuff building up nicely. Another burst of snow and a clear day with no wind and I will be up with my skis!

Blush
snow conditions
Some photos from Wednesday on CairnGorm and Thursday at Nevis Range. West Coast has the most extensive established base, but Glenshee hopes to open most of the area on Friday out to and including Coire Fionn, could well have the best of the overhead too.

^Winchcat heading up to bash out rapidly forming drifts on the Traverse, Coire Cas on CairnGorm on Wednesday.

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=748

^Looking over Goose Gully, the Goose T-bar and Quad Chair beyond at Nevis Range on Thursday.

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=749
snow conditions
It was a bluebird start in the East this morning, Glenshee looks to have a good turnout as people take advantage and it's open out to at least the Caenlochan Poma.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy