Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are you interested in a weekend trip to Snowworld, Holland?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Thinking of putting together a trip in September to Snowworld in Landgraaf, Holland.

Leave London 7am on a Saturday morning by coach to Snowworld, 4 hours slope time on huge 520m long slopes including a terrain park with ramps and kickers galore, BBQ dinner, late bars possibly including a DJ, nights accommodation inc breakfast, another 4 hours slope time, lunch and then arrive back in London late evening on the Sunday.

www.snowworld.com

What would people think a reasonable price for this would be??

Any comments welcome!

Phil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You. Are. Mad Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee, true, but why?? Confused Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
speedy, stick to one forum please, I've removed your duplicate threads
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would not mind to spend 8h on this slope. It does look much better than UK ones, which I use from time to time anyway.
However it the transport/accommodation is too expensive I do not see a point, I would rather save those money for the proper mountain trip.

What is the reasonable to pay for those - I am not sure to be honest. Probably well under 200£ for:
ski pass - 70£, bus - ? and cheapish accommodation - hmm 30-40£ per person.

Is there a regular bus connection from London or you are thinking of renting a bus?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
speedy, I'd be up for it; party weekend Very Happy whether or not you could do it for a reasonable amount is the issue.

Travel: coach to amsterdam with Eurolines starts at £39 return

Snowworld ticket: Saturday 29 euro, Sunday 19.50 euro (not inc hire, according to website). 4 hours ski with BBQ ticket is 31.50, but it only runs till August. There will be all inclusive deals for groups

Accommodation: £25-30 per person sharing

Dinner: inc in the ticket

So, say around £100 - £120 with group discounts maybe?

How attractive the offer is would depend on how early the coach leaves and how late it gets back for connections, otherwise iit'sexpensive overnight stays in London for folk. It's a good 7.5 hours journey, inc check in time at ferry/eurotunnel I would have thought
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, thanks for your feedback, very useful. As you can imagine this is just in the planning stage currectly but we would be looking to rent a coach, get a good deal from Snowworld and bring it all to the customer for somewhere around £120 I would have thought. Snowworld is where it is so we cant do much about that so it would be roughly 5hrs from Calais, not great but not the end of the world either....I would imagine you would sleep on the way back!

I would have thought we would get back to central London for about 23:00 on the Sunday so this really would only appeal to folk in the South-East....again, not a great deal we can do about that hotel rooms in central London can be had for a snip on Sunday nights

Watch this space!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
speedy, I would def consider it for this price.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
speedy, my last train out of Liverpool St is 00:02 wink. At least you gain an hour on the way back with the time difference.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds interesting snowHead

As holidayloverxx said, it would depend on final price (around £120 sounds ok) and timings.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
speedy, I've changed your title as initially when I saw the thread I assumed that it was a review. Hope that is OK.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I live around that area and can recommend SnowWorld. Much better than any fridges in the UK.

Have you thought about maybe spending the second day at one of the other places nearby? There is a good one at Neuss in Germany that is only about an hours drive away. Bottrop in Germany is about 90mins drive.

Bottrop usually has a deal where for around €30 you get hire, slope time and all you can eat plus all you can drink (including beer). I think that the slope is also a little longer, although does not seem as well kept as the other two.

Infact, thinking about it I probably prefer Snowworld in Landgraaf out of the three so unless you are keen to see somewhere different it may not be worth the extra distance for just a weekend. However - skiing two different countries in a weekend could be something to boast about!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've been running training weekends at Snowworld Landgraaf for several years now and found it to be an excellent facility.

It works out about 3 hours from Calais on a clear run (even at legal speeds).
The hotel on site do a reasonable deal to include your slope pass and there are bars and a restaurant on site.

It may well work out cheaper to share cars as it can be approximately 6 hours from London if you get your timings right using the tunnel.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy